end of the year shooting

yickdaz

birds have been pretty scarce around here from the end of oct, they have finally started on the rape but still on stubbles spread out all over the place found a decent situation few weeks ago on rape, set up at 11.30 shot till they dried up at 2.30pm picked 24 lost a few

today looked at the rape again they had disappeared found them on a unharvested bean field must of been 400 on it nightmare field to shoot houses down 2 sides a lane on another a few fields over is half an unharvested maize field and barley stubble the crows love this field so gave them a go set up for 12pm slow going but enough to give some nice shooting got a few bonus ducks that came flighting over the pond we had set up at and 2 pigeon everything was shot with steel express 32g 4s  only take steel with us now anyway for the pigeons but they will do for crows just the same  not a bad afternoon 22 mixed blacks 2 mallard 2 woodies 

have a good new years eve and a good year shooting next year :good:

IMG_20191214_144946.jpg.44f284b94c37d9ad23ffb00c99110417.jpgIMG_20191231_153156.jpg.7d800539956c961fb32541f1dff88def.jpg

Good report Daz, you can only shoot what's on the field. I've been shooting 32g 5steel for the passed two years now and find them unbeatable. When the first steel shells  were produced the general opinion was they were carp. DB and I have taken some impressive shots with steel. 

Good to hear from you again , as one of our younger members the older members require your reports to remind them of yesteryear!!!!!

Keep at it and have a good year.

👍

3 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

Good report Daz, you can only shoot what's on the field. I've been shooting 32g 5steel for the passed two years now and find them unbeatable. When the first steel shells  were produced the general opinion was they were carp. DB and I have taken some impressive shots with steel. 

Good to hear from you again , as one of our younger members the older members require your reports to remind them of yesteryear!!!!!

Keep at it and have a good year

Well I'm 44 so not that young but I know what you are saying and you will have a good year no doubt all the best 👍

Edited by yickdaz