Insurance Check

sam triple

Woman has just got home from work to tell me one of her work mates had her £40k BMW robbed  of their drive way just before Xmas ,quick call to the insurance company only to be told that her insurance had run out the day before and as it wasn’t on auto renewal that don’t send out reminders ,so keep an eye on your renewal date 

To add insult to injury theirs and their neighbours houses were robbed Xmas eve as they slept 

10 minutes ago, sam triple said:

Woman has just got home from work to tell me one of her work mates had her £40k BMW robbed  of their drive way just before Xmas ,quick call to the insurance company only to be told that her insurance had run out the day before and as it wasn’t on auto renewal that don’t send out reminders ,so keep an eye on your renewal date 

To add insult to injury theirs and their neighbours houses were robbed Xmas eve as they slept 

Jeez they'll be glad 2019 is over soon, That's some Bad luck, Although I didn't think Insurance companies were remiss is reminding their customers of an imminent renewal ?

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Another thing you should all be aware of is that a lot of policies have now had the "policy holder is allowed to drive other cars" clause quietly taken out. Presumably because it was being abused.

But when I broke my foot I used my car for work at £4 extra for the year and totally happy with a broken left foot as an auto. I expected an argument.

2 hours ago, washerboy said:

Didn't know there was such thing as car insurance without auto renewal? 

I've always had it and had loads of different insurance policies since I past my test in 1992

I think they all try the auto renewal con. I always ask for it to be taken off and just get a reminder.

I think they were forced to stop auto renewal a few years ago because the insurers were abusing it to do over lazy(like me) customers.

I drive about 30,000 miles a year and have accrued 3 points and one crash my wife hasn't driven for 10 years, we were given a Honda Jazz for her.

Its 400 pounds (my keyboard dosent have a pound sign) in her name with me as a named driver 3x that for me with her as the named driver.

50 minutes ago, Dibble said:

I think they were forced to stop auto renewal a few years ago because the insurers were abusing it to do over lazy(like me) customers.

I drive about 30,000 miles a year and have accrued 3 points and one crash my wife hasn't driven for 10 years, we were given a Honda Jazz for her.

Its 400 pounds (my keyboard dosent have a pound sign) in her name with me as a named driver 3x that for me with her as the named driver.

They still do it Admiral sent me my renewal 2 weeks before it ran out quoting £120 more than previous year.Letter said if happy with quote it will continue.Phoned them up to say no thank you.(I had already sorted paid for the next year with RIAS).They asked if they could  try and match it.No thanks you shouldn't of tried taking my pants down!

Edited by Davyo

On 31/12/2019 at 18:12, sam triple said:

Help me out as I just don't understand this.

I've been insuring various vehicles for 57 years and houses for 40+ years. Either by post or electronically I've always received renewal notification.

Surely if it wasn't on auto renewal they would have sent out notification - or am I missing something?

7 minutes ago, Westward said:

Help me out as I just don't understand this.

I've been insuring various vehicles for 57 years and houses for 40+ years. Either by post or electronically I've always received renewal notification.

Surely if it wasn't on auto renewal they would have sent out notification - or am I missing something?

Don’t shoot the messenger only saying what I was told , just giving people heads up to keep an eye on things