Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sam triple

Insurance Check

Recommended Posts

Woman has just got home from work to tell me one of her work mates had her £40k BMW robbed  of their drive way just before Xmas ,quick call to the insurance company only to be told that her insurance had run out the day before and as it wasn’t on auto renewal that don’t send out reminders ,so keep an eye on your renewal date 

To add insult to injury theirs and their neighbours houses were robbed Xmas eve as they slept 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sam triple said:

Woman has just got home from work to tell me one of her work mates had her £40k BMW robbed  of their drive way just before Xmas ,quick call to the insurance company only to be told that her insurance had run out the day before and as it wasn’t on auto renewal that don’t send out reminders ,so keep an eye on your renewal date 

To add insult to injury theirs and their neighbours houses were robbed Xmas eve as they slept 

Jeez they'll be glad 2019 is over soon, That's some Bad luck, Although I didn't think Insurance companies were remiss is reminding their customers of an imminent renewal ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, team tractor said:

 My mate on here sent me a few quotes he’d had on fully comprehensive and it didn’t cover theft 😮. I couldn’t believe it 

Sounds like a 'Post Code Lottery'  ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Westley said:

Sounds like a 'Post Code Lottery'  ???

Kent . Not you 😂 but where he lives 😀😀
 

im Tamworth . £250 a year for a mid aged guy with 1 years ncb In a terios. Fully comp. I never have my own policy’s as I’m on the business 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I moved house a few years back and contacted my car Insurance Company, expecting to have to pay more. It came back almost £80 cheaper, when I asked I was told it was due to the current address post code  ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Car insurance is a weird thing - defies logic.  Adding drivers to your policy brings the cost down - the perverse principle being that it spreads the risk.   My wife is on my Audi policy - she'll never drive it (a Q3 is viewed as too big).  

 

 

Edited by Cosmicblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered a ford ranger brand new, fully comp 2k, bought something else, got a supercharged  jaguar xj and it rolled in for 750, berserk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing you should all be aware of is that a lot of policies have now had the "policy holder is allowed to drive other cars" clause quietly taken out. Presumably because it was being abused.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Another thing you should all be aware of is that a lot of policies have now had the "policy holder is allowed to drive other cars" clause quietly taken out. Presumably because it was being abused.

 

But when I broke my foot I used my car for work at £4 extra for the year and totally happy with a broken left foot as an auto. I expected an argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don’t know how much our insurance is.  I live in a bubble where that stuff just happens unless my wife has a question, at which point I answer whatever you think.  If my wife ever leaves me I don’t know who to contact to pay the electric bill or any of that stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't know there was such thing as car insurance without auto renewal? 

I've always had it and had loads of different insurance policies since I past my test in 1992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, washerboy said:

Didn't know there was such thing as car insurance without auto renewal? 

I've always had it and had loads of different insurance policies since I past my test in 1992

I think they all try the auto renewal con. I always ask for it to be taken off and just get a reminder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they were forced to stop auto renewal a few years ago because the insurers were abusing it to do over lazy(like me) customers.

I drive about 30,000 miles a year and have accrued 3 points and one crash my wife hasn't driven for 10 years, we were given a Honda Jazz for her.

Its 400 pounds (my keyboard dosent have a pound sign) in her name with me as a named driver 3x that for me with her as the named driver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Dibble said:

I think they were forced to stop auto renewal a few years ago because the insurers were abusing it to do over lazy(like me) customers.

I drive about 30,000 miles a year and have accrued 3 points and one crash my wife hasn't driven for 10 years, we were given a Honda Jazz for her.

Its 400 pounds (my keyboard dosent have a pound sign) in her name with me as a named driver 3x that for me with her as the named driver.

They still do it Admiral sent me my renewal 2 weeks before it ran out quoting £120 more than previous year.Letter said if happy with quote it will continue.Phoned them up to say no thank you.(I had already sorted paid for the next year with RIAS).They asked if they could  try and match it.No thanks you shouldn't of tried taking my pants down!

Edited by Davyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Living in the sticks has its advantages. Fully comp on a brand new Hilux is £220. Fully comp on a 1000cc Aprilia £68. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, walshie said:

Living in the sticks has its advantages. Fully comp on a brand new Hilux is £220. Fully comp on a 1000cc Aprilia £68. 

How old are you tho ? 
iwas paying £89 a year at 25 on my ktm 400 exc 👍. . 
£7 for my c90 I kid you not 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, team tractor said:

How old are you tho ? 
iwas paying £89 a year at 25 on my ktm 400 exc 👍. . 
£7 for my c90 I kid you not 😂😂😂

Just a mere slip of a lad. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, walshie said:

Just a mere slip of a lad. 

On way to 40 now and no money for bikes 😂

Edited by team tractor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting married, change of address and adding the wife to my insurance dropped my premiums by about 200 quid. And we didn't live in a bad area to start with!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/12/2019 at 18:12, sam triple said:

Woman has just got home from work to tell me one of her work mates had her £40k BMW robbed  of their drive way just before Xmas ,quick call to the insurance company only to be told that her insurance had run out the day before and as it wasn’t on auto renewal that don’t send out reminders ,so keep an eye on your renewal date

Help me out as I just don't understand this.

I've been insuring various vehicles for 57 years and houses for 40+ years. Either by post or electronically I've always received renewal notification.

Surely if it wasn't on auto renewal they would have sent out notification - or am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Westward said:

Help me out as I just don't understand this.

I've been insuring various vehicles for 57 years and houses for 40+ years. Either by post or electronically I've always received renewal notification.

Surely if it wasn't on auto renewal they would have sent out notification - or am I missing something?

Don’t shoot the messenger only saying what I was told , just giving people heads up to keep an eye on things 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...