Liverpool lose five million

spurs 14

Did anyone see the article in shooting times ? , seems that the Liverpool mayor has lost the city five million pound in revenue by banning the proposed shooting show that was planned ! 

Another case of an anti in power making a decision without looking at all the facts ! , seems he banned it because of trophy hunting , didn’t want to promote hunting trips and trophy hunting , even though there were to be none at the show ! 

Lets hope the people of Liverpool who would have benefited show some sense and get rid of a man who clearly puts his own agenda before the people and city that employ him ! 

On 01/01/2020 at 00:29, DUNKS said:

Do these people actually have that much power

Surely a mayor is there to represent the great unwashed?

Or have they become dictators.

Sadly, Labour could put Aunt Sally up for election in Liverpool and she'd still be voted in. I speak from 30+ years of wasting my time voting here.

Anderson is that arrogant he can refuse £60m of funding from central government and then about 6 months later complain that there is a £60m shortfall in the pot. Madness !

Anderson is a buffoon in my opinion

we lost our car ( along with 1400 other people) in the echo,arena fire ( LWB Misti Shogun, gutted )

we had a meeting two weeks later to discuss recovering uninsured losses along with responsibility for the Fire Risk Assessment . Neither Mayor Jo OR a member of LFB could be bothered to,turn up.  As you can imagine this caused some ruck and I was seen on Sky news standing up,and saying that "if this had happened where the majority of the attendees lived he would now be known as Jo....that bloke who used to be a Mayor somewhere". 

6 hours ago, spurs 14 said:

Oh my apologies! A professional moby !!! 

Yep!

some of the stuff he was coming out with was laughable and not in a funny way. Then he had the audacity to say what a fantastic job everyone had done!

I spent ages reading all the Fire incident reports and consulted a fellow shooter who is a forensic fire accident investigator

main reasons for the rapid spread of Fire?

poor building design and management

lack of water!....seriously

WHY does it not surprise me that there was a lack of water on the .......er.............WATERFRONT    ?

It is the same Council that prevented me from setting up an airgun club on a certain Council owned Hall and Gardens, which closed at 6.00pm to the public and had it's own security force to prevent any unauthorized  access. Anything to do with ANY country pursuits is a great 'NO, NO'. Their neighbours at Sefton Council are no better, their claim to fame was to ban fishing in any Council owned waters and shooting on any Council owned land. The sad thing is, it is simply a 'Class War'  they truly believe that Country Sports and wealth are the same thing   ?  None so blind .......etc.