Police 101 Service

Gordon R

Yep this service leaves a lot to be desired.

A couple of years back I got up on a Sunday morning and went to put Saturday nights takeaway cartons out to bin , opened the bin and inside was a dressing table drawer full of personal items .

Left it there phoned 101 to report it to be told "take it to your nearest police station and if its not claimed in 21 days its yours" . I replied you joking its obvious that someone has been burglarized and they have dumped the drawer in my bin .

They just weren't interested so I looked at the stuff in drawer found an address & phone number rang it and low & behold they had been broken into . Took plod 6 hours to get there .

They came and retrieved the drawer and contents and as a token of appreciation brought a bunch of flowers for my mrs and a bottle of whiskey for me 

6 minutes ago, Fuddster said:

Dangerous things them staplers when left unattended so stop playing with them.

Hope you are ok in all seriousness though. 

atb

f.

She said it wouldn't hurt and didn't need numbing.  She lied. Apparently taking them out is painful too. Should be ok in a week or so. The car however was written off. 

1 hour ago, GingerCat said:

Lucky then. I have 8 for an area of 1700 sq miles. Mostly we have no one to send as they are all committed. Quite often with mental health as the ambulances have no one to send, or people traped in  crashed cars as the fire service have no one either.  A few days ago I  had a number of staples in my head before being sent home. I was the night duty cover for the region. There was no one else to take my place within 30 miles. 

I'd love a lazy evening, seldom see them. 

Some things have changed then, in my day MOST of the mental health cases were on the top floor in the Station   !     🙄          

14 hours ago, GingerCat said:

Lucky then. I have 8 for an area of 1700 sq miles. Mostly we have no one to send as they are all committed. Quite often with mental health as the ambulances have no one to send, or people traped in  crashed cars as the fire service have no one either.  A few days ago I  had a number of staples in my head before being sent home. I was the night duty cover for the region. There was no one else to take my place within 30 miles. 

I'd love a lazy evening, seldom see them. 

Having lived in the States for some time I can tell you the contrast is amazing. I lived, and worked,  in Upstate New York on the shores of lake Ontario. Although it was a pretty rural location any call to the police would result in not one but several cars turning up within no time, Having established what had happened the police would go all round the neighbourhood knocking on doors looking for witnesses. If it was a 911 you would easily get six cars and a film crew from the local TV station.

By British standards the style of American policing is chalk and cheese. Even a small town would have six or more cruisers out at any given time, often just sitting doing nothing at a busy junction or shopping mall. Just "showing the badge" as they call it. Massively overmanned by our standards but it works, nobody messes with an American cop, there is no such thing as PACE over there. Often cops in small towns will go a whole shift with nothing to do, they complain about the boredom.

If you watch the American police reality TV programmes just pay attention to the number of officers and cars they have attending any sort of incident, even a minor one and be amazed. 

Edited by Vince Green

You should have taken a video and uploaded it onto social media. But then hind sight is a wonderful thing.

On another note though i was came across a car which was all over the road, serving excessively and doing 20 miles an hour. I assumed he was battered. When he eventually stopped I opened the door and took the keys out. Turned out the guy wasn’t drunk but was a diabetic who had got his insulin wrong and was going hyperglycaemic.

a friend had a works transit stolen with really good cctv of another van drive by  inc reg  and really good images of occupants inc coming back to rob  the van    reported at 7.30 am inc video by 9.30 received e mail case closed to lack of evidence  get in touch with ins co crime ref no  etc