• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I went out last night at the request of one of my farmers to sort some rabbits out which where grazing some newly sown grass seeds.  I have a high seat set up in a handy spot covering the area and with 17HMR at the ready settled myself in, with a strong north easter from behind, I realised within minutes I was a bit short on arctic clothing .... it was VERY cold.  I sat it out until 9.30p and then it was getting unbearable and I was about to leave when one single stupid rabbit decided to venture out.  110yrds was no problem for the 17HMR and I scurried back to the Landy and had the heat on all the way home and I have just about defrosted this morning.  I texted the farmer with the result and the comment " Beyond the call of duty":lol:

Went out last night to get some bunnies and zero a new to me Delta Titanium scope on the 17REM - first time I've shot it for almost a year, got eight on a fairly small patch.

That was in preparation for crow shooting the local golf course this morning. five rabbits left in some of the rough to bait up a patch for corvids - only got two crows though and blimey it was well cold.

I'm glad I covered the spud growing containers up last night after seeing the frost forecast.