How many Grey Squirrels are killed in 2020

steve_b_wales

I’ve only just found this section of the forum, so I’ll add my tally for this year in one lump. 

14 since the start of January. 

They were coming to the feeder quite regularly, maybe one or two a day. I’ve not seen one the past couple of days.  The  weathers not been great, and a pair of Jays have been hoovering up the peanuts off the feeder. 

Edited by Trelawney
Forget to tally the numbers

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I spoke too soon. Went down to a flip top I filled up six days ago and had only settled for 15 minutes when one came down the tree onto the platform and I picked the rifle up but on looking through the scope it had vanished. Then I noticed the lid on the flip top bouncing up and down and realised it had jumped inside. One started to chatter above me and glancing up could see a youngster no more than 10ft away looking straight down at me. It fell at my feet.  Five minutes and the one in the flip top jumped out and sat for a picture leaped in the air as the 40 gr of lead arrived.  I saw a slight movement to my right and a few minutes later that one climbed onto the flip top and fell in a heap.  I could not find the second one, searched everywhere. Must have just clipped it, so can only count two.  The flip top was almost empty so more than three visiting.