How many Grey Squirrels are killed in 2020

steve_b_wales

500 hundred up.

Was down at the farm for only the second time in two months due to the weather conditons(but have been controlling nearer to home)and bagged a grey wandering through the wood, and saw a second, so something to look forward to.

Famer informs me apart from the crows and magpies queueing up to get his lambs, theres quite a few rats about.

Gonna be an enjoyable few weeks ahead.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Sciurus said:

I had shut 10 traps down in various housesĀ and hotels in the village,Ā leaving just one trap in my own garden. Today I was rewarded with a stroppy male.

Total 501

Good.Ā  I had just topped off all of my flip top feeders prior to the lock down. I bet the tree rats aren't locked down and enjoying every minute. VERY frustrating.

It is very novel though.Ā  Just a thought ...making those could be part of team Tractors offer of joinery classes.Ā  He always has a stack of off cuts about, more than adequate for that job.

I saw an intruder in my wood this morning so might be able to add one without breaking the stay at home rules.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2020 at 20:56, Ratmanwan said:

8 taken from a trapping job in a roof last week.Ā 

I saw a squirrel on a house yesterday,Ā  facing down on the brickwork,Ā  I've always thought squirrels in houses would be because they are near trees. Never seen one climbing brickwork before, never mind just there like spiderman barking at something.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

I saw a squirrel on a house yesterday,Ā  facing down on the brickwork,Ā  I've always thought squirrels in houses would be because they are near trees. Never seen one climbing brickwork before, never mind just there like spiderman barking at something.

I've seen that a few times before, always on rough casting. Up and down vertical walls no bother

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Ace, so maybe more than one:good:

Saw 6 yesterday in the same location at the same time, just over theĀ boundary so safe at the time. Looked like 2 adults and 4 kitts?Ā  1 less now maybe?

Plenty of patience and rats too thanks to a neighbour havingĀ Ā garden decked his entire plot.Ā šŸ™ƒ