How many Grey Squirrels are killed in 2020

steve_b_wales

Visited a new permission today that was granted just before the lockdown, was there for a recce and put up a feeder.

Only three acres but saw one on whilst there and a bonus aswell, the owner is having trouble with rabbits digging his lawn up and I am allowed to shoot them.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Mice! said:

20200527_130606.jpg.3532d6754d18d034f06ad297edaeea92.jpg

A cheeky one, unzipped and left for the foxes.

Lucky you shot him first!!  😂

A good day for me, 4 greys from 6 traps, that had only been put out yesterday.

Total 607

I shut my traps down to have a weekend off, but still managed to catch 3 more adults in traps sited in other peoples gardens.

Some houses won’t let me  cull in their gardens, so I exchange the traps and do the deed at home. Unfortunately, my bin is beginning to smell badly and there are 6 more days until it will be emptied. Mrs Sciurus is wondering what the smell could possibly be!

A3EBE16F-2F5A-42FB-9F90-0B7155D1F337.jpeg.89206442e2bb554461683411c485a46d.jpeg

3 more today including the 4th this week from the Larsen trap above. The squirrel trap is just out of shot to the left. They are just following the scent of the others and ignoring the nuts in the traps.

Out at my new permission at 7am this morning and two greys at the box, no way to sneek up so just walked up and settled down.

5 minutes later first squirrel was down and waiting for the second to come back.

Looking around after about another five minutes saw the downed squirrel moving and thought oh drat its still alive, needs another shot, just a ******* minute theres another squirrel

pulling it along and then realised its Mr Rat, quickly get the gun up but not fast enough as it disapears in to the undergrowth, up and out and get it back quick!

Interesting to say the least, shot another grey after an hour but ratty escaped.

It’s more difficult to cull a grey in a Larsen trap, so yesterday we moved the squirrel trap onto the top of the Larsen and this morning -Bingo the 5th grey was in the squirrel trap! Job sorted.

664 (I have added ratchets tally)