How many Grey Squirrels are killed in 2020

steve_b_wales

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just six this morning, the whole family I believe, old buck, doe and four well grown youngsters all coming to the flip top. This feeder has worked brilliantly and the IBC frame hide well worth struggling to get it in position.  Damp morning, but dry and comfy and a good clear viwe of the kill zone. These IBCs are so easy to make into a hide, sheet of ply or stokboard for a roof, four 12 inch legs to lift it high enough for headroom, door cut in one side and choice of camoflage etc covering it up. I piled a load of logs and brash alongside this one and it blends in well.  Browning T Bolt 22RF.

003.jpg

007.jpg

005.jpg

Edited by Walker570

Is there such a thing as hide envy?!! !

Wonderful, It blends in so well.

A poor couple of days for me-just 1 trapped.

A colleague has trapped 4 in his fathers strawberry bed, apparently they have ripped the bird netting to shreds, so he is not best pleased.

Total 867

Just one this morning before the chill easterly wind got to me. There was only one showing on the camera for this site but thought it might have a few friends seing the other sites had suddenly produced families.  The flip top had not been heavily used either so looks like that was the one.

22 minutes ago, ratchers said:

Went to the feeding box where I shot five last week to find the lid chewed to bits cos Mr stupid squirrel couldn't figure on how to get in.

Filled it up and will be back tomorrow, gonna have to fix it aswell.

021.JPG

I think a metal lid is required 😳

I make all of mine out of metal these days as I have suffered similar but not quite as serious.  I have a profile for the box section if you need it and the sheets from around the IBC frames are perfect for making up the boxes. I tend to use ally for the lids, lighter to lift.   Any sheets of thin metal I see about to be thrown away I grab for future feeders. I mount them on a wooden base running out at the fron as a landing stage just the same.