How many Grey Squirrels are killed in 2020

steve_b_wales

ChAnged my plan this morning as the farmer had shot three on top of his chicken pen from his bedroom window in the spot I planned to cover. Went to a second choice  06.00 till 07.30 nothing...well two cock pheasants turned up and a bunch of mixed small birds. Then a jackdaw which funnily enough failed to fly away.  Then all hell broke lose with tree rats coming from all directions and shot four within less than ten minutes, like they suddenly all woke up and came foraging together.  Back home with a bacon sandwich at 08.25. So not a bad morning after all.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We were walking along a road on the shoot and I spotted a single squirrel in a tiny stand of pine trees. Suddenly all hell broke loose with 4 squirrels leaping about in just a few small trees. Eventually firepower overcame their ability to hide and all 4 were on the deck. One’s location was initially exposed from being on point from the dog into the tree. Two shot squirrels bit my dogs when retrieved but were brought back and stamped to dispatch.

Two at the pen this morning on my whistle stop tour. As I walked in with the dogs spotted then dropped the first one with S410, then a second later its pal was shot in almost the exact same spot. The S410 just doesn’t miss and is so silent. Even from standing it feels too easy. 

Eventuallly saw one more this morning to add to the total.  It has gone very quiet of late, but I suppose you can't keep killing 'em.  Have a trip planned over to Lincolnshire this week so hopefully a better result.  Still 16 short of my one a day new years resolution.

Edited by Walker570