How many Grey Squirrels are killed in 2020

steve_b_wales

One more this afternoon. Called in at one feeder on route to my local LPG supplier and sneeked into the blind, sat downa and had just fed a round into the Browning when a tree rat comes scampering towards the feeder, pauses for a second and falls over tail twitching .... HEH! here we go I thought. Sat there for another two and a half hours and saw one old cock pheasant.

The feeder was almost empty, must top up tomorrow.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One more this afternoon. Called in at one feeder on route to my local LPG supplier and sneeked into the blind, sat downa and had just fed a round into the Browning when a tree rat comes scampering towards the feeder, pauses for a second and falls over tail twitching .... HEH! here we go I thought. Sat there for another two and a half hours and saw one old cock pheasant.

The feeder was almost empty, must top up tomorrow.

and again added to above 2 more this morning before it got VERY hot about 9am and everyhting went to bed.

Nice to see some of you are scoring. Drove 140 miles round trip today and checked four likely feeders and did not see a thing.  It got very very hot after about 8 am which may have been one of the reasons. Three out of the four flip tops had been used. Threw in the towel at one oclock and drove home.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Nice to see some of you are scoring. Drove 140 miles round trip today and checked four likely feeders and did not see a thing.  It got very very hot after about 8 am which may have been one of the reasons. Three out of the four flip tops had been used. Threw in the towel at one oclock and drove home.

Ouch, wrong time of year for that kind of mileage Nev,  unless you know the feeders are being hit hard, lots of natural food about.

Lots of guys who normally shoot bags of tens aren't shooting because the squirrels aren't on the feeders.

NOW !!!!!   That is ##### cheaky !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife opened the back door this morning to feed the two blackbirds which have become very tame and she feeds each morning with currants. THERE blatantly sat a yard from the door is a ############   ing  TREE RAT !!!!!!!!  

It doesn't know but it is on borrowed time:yes:

58 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

NOW !!!!!   That is ##### cheaky !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife opened the back door this morning to feed the two blackbirds which have become very tame and she feeds each morning with currants. THERE blatantly sat a yard from the door is a ############   ing  TREE RAT !!!!!!!!  

It doesn't know but it is on borrowed time:yes: 

You are sure you did not imbibe a little too much last evening and are now seeing the ghost of bygone tree rats returning to haunt you?