steve_b_wales

How many Grey Squirrels are killed in 2020

Went to check a flip top and rude not to take the rifle. The flip top had been used so I sat in the blind for an hour and had two more, they keep coming:good:

..... and another this morning. The light is getting up faster than I am and this one was already sitting on the flip top platform as I approached the hide and I had to shoot freehand but only about 20yrds. Must remember to knock a tanalised post in at that point in case it happens again.

Challenging squirrel season this winter, often too windy for pea-shooters in the woods, banged through six dreys the other week for one barren sow, very mild and they've hiding up in the ivy, seen more when we've been out for Muntjac than when out for squirrels! Roost shooting days yielded a couple that like to sit high up just as the sun sets.

2 on the feeder. 315.

I always put some food on the ledge which gets woodland birds visiting and the odd bonus corvid but this is ridiculous. ......

2020-02-26 11.44.11.jpg

Edited by Robertt