Having too many Interests/hobbies

SuperGoose75

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Hare coursing before the ban was my thing, I was taken to my first organised greyhound meet when I was 13 and attended all the big events in the calendar for years. 

I still miss it, meeting friends we only ever saw on the field. Sharing stories. 

I went to many OLD Yorkshire coursing meetings even though i was never into running dogs in anyway, that is another country pastime killed off for no good reason.

I think its good to have hobbies, i go gym training 3 nights a week after full day working and then working on the house for the last 3 years which jas taken over my life. Use to have fast cars now just pay for the house works and everyday stuff. I do have 4 rifles, 2 expensive RC scale helicoptors that i want to learn to fly any help would be appreciated, i have a big display fish tank to care for which can take some time up. Even if you cant get out and do your hobby... get the stuff out and look at it for the happy feeling of a dry day when your free

22 hours ago, KFC said:

I'm always doing it.

Shooting, fly fishing, rc model aircraft, playing in a ukulele band, on committees for various groups along with family commitments.

Trouble is that I cut down on the things I'm doing, to simplify life, then fill the spaces with new things.🥺

Any ideas on flying helicoptors lol

46 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Old Yorkshire was my local, also one of my favourites. A good day you could be setting off home by dinner as the card was done and not a hare killed but all dogs made to work

Exactly coursing done how it was meant to be not how a certain breed of person turned it into with x breeds.

1 hour ago, Arron yeates said:

I think its good to have hobbies, i go gym training 3 nights a week after full day working and then working on the house for the last 3 years which jas taken over my life. Use to have fast cars now just pay for the house works and everyday stuff. I do have 4 rifles, 2 expensive RC scale helicoptors that i want to learn to fly any help would be appreciated, i have a big display fish tank to care for which can take some time up. Even if you cant get out and do your hobby... get the stuff out and look at it for the happy feeling of a dry day when your free

Any ideas on flying helicoptors lol

Sorry, thermal gliders is my thing, I'm sure there must be some RC clubs around Birmingham to help you get airborne with your helicopters. Check the BMFA site for clubs.

6 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Years back my wife bought my a little toy sailboat for my birthday.  Little did she know I would end up spending thousands on building custom carbon fiber monohulls and different silks to gain a 1/10th of a knot.  25VF2QZ.jpg

Do you other hobbies include your aquarium and jousting?

30 minutes ago, ClemFandango said:

Do you other hobbies include your aquarium and jousting?

Yes actually, Before building our house I lived in a 14x80ft trailer.  After we moved into the house I kept the trailer as a man cave.  I filled it with everything I wasn’t allowed to bring in the new house.  The wife has OCD and is very orderly and I’m what most people would call a hoarder.  It was a very nice trailer and I could bare to tear it down.   6vRGp5j.jpg

VxaxqKl.jpg1iQ4BD7.jpg

pLFkG7O.jpg

PGQ4PzT.jpg

48 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Jesus how the hell did you find time to do anything else, marine tanks are a nightmare to keep alive 

If you know your chemistry then they aren’t bad. But know your chemistry.  I had over 10 tanks going at one time and I’m the only one I know of to breed Paracanthurus Hepatus in captivity.  

3 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

If you know your chemistry then they aren’t bad. But know your chemistry.  I had over 10 tanks going at one time and I’m the only one I know of to breed Paracanthurus Hepatus in captivity.  

Paracanthurus hepatus sounds like a nasty little rash that you'd pick up on a drunken night out 😆.

4 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Fair play mate, ive got a african cichlid setup love it. Your tank looks nice.

Screenshot_20200103-121437_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200103-121446_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200103-121451_Gallery.jpg

35 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

You can't have too many hobbies because when they die whoever has the most toys wins. I think nobodyimportant is winning at the minute! 😁😁

I think I'm going to come second then! My interests are fishing, diving (SCUBA, but more recently freediving/spearfishing) and hunting. All gear intensive activities. It's not that I have every gadget going, but I want the right tools for the job. Since for example my fishing covers everything from freshwater trout to offshore marlin fishing and my hunting everything from rabbits to deer, that's a lot of toys! 

42 minutes ago, Houseplant said:

I think I'm going to come second then! My interests are fishing, diving (SCUBA, but more recently freediving/spearfishing) and hunting. All gear intensive activities. It's not that I have every gadget going, but I want the right tools for the job. Since for example my fishing covers everything from freshwater trout to offshore marlin fishing and my hunting everything from rabbits to deer, that's a lot of toys! 

Free diving and spear fishing 😲😲😲 , it would be a good bit of fun in Rhyl,  but not in your part of the world , something is gonna eat you 😲😲😲.

43 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Free diving and spear fishing 😲😲😲 , it would be a good bit of fun in Rhyl,  but not in your part of the world , something is gonna eat you 😲😲😲.

That's funny Mel, my wife and I were just talking about this. I've been SCUBA diving since 1999 and have dived all over the world, often seeking out shark dives. I'm not in the slightest bit worried about sharks when SCUBA diving. Spearfishing is a different ball game, blood in the water, injured fish, no SCUBA bubbles to scare away toothy critters. It's certainly riskier from that point of view. I'm just finding my feet in this sport. The experienced guys seem to take it all in their stride and see it as part of the fun!   

4 minutes ago, Houseplant said:

That's funny Mel, my wife and I were just talking about this. I've been SCUBA diving since 1999 and have dived all over the world, often seeking out shark dives. I'm not in the slightest bit worried about sharks when SCUBA diving. Spearfishing is a different ball game, blood in the water, injured fish, no SCUBA bubbles to scare away toothy critters. It's certainly riskier from that point of view. I'm just finding my feet in this sport. The experienced guys seem to take it all in their stride and see it as part of the fun!   

Don't do it , you're turning yourself into shark bait 😢, I thought that fishing from your yak was dangerous enough 😅

10 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Do they taste like cod? 😝

I heard the are delicious but in captivity the only grow to about 6 inches and at that point they are worth 150-200$.  So I wouldn’t know 😂 

7 hours ago, ClemFandango said:

Impressive. 

And the Jousting? 

Lol,  I do have a ridiculous amount of swords and medieval weapons but I have broken into jousting quite yet.