Veganism a Religion??

NatureBoy

In the news today. Vegan Jordi Casamitjana is going to court to claim ethical veganism is a philosophy or religion? This is after he was sacked from League Againest Cruel Sports ( LACS) for whistle blowing a while back that they were investing there pension funds in company's that experiment on animals.  Interesting as to be recognised as such it means not opposing or interfering with the rights of others! I wonder if Packham and co will be back him? Not!  NB

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

In the news today. Vegan Jordi Casamitjana is going to court to claim ethical veganism is a philosophy or religion? This is after he was sacked from League Againest Cruel Sports ( LACS) for whistle blowing a while back that they were investing there pension funds in company's that experiment on animals.  Interesting as to be recognised as such it means not opposing or interfering with the rights of others! I wonder if Packham and co will be back him? Not!  NB

It's an ******* life style choice! No more, no less.

3 minutes ago, Penelope said:

It's an effin life style choice! No more, no less.

Being now touted as an effective way of combating climate change.

Quite how theyve worked it out Ive no idea, whether it be the animals farts, or diet ?
So the most effective way to save the world, and animals, is to kill them all, and eat plants instead. 😃

3 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

He's a nutter. I've just read the article on the BBC. He's been sacked for revealing data about his company's business practice. I think virtually every contract I've ever signed has a clause that forbids  discussing aspects of the business.

Look on the brightside though. If veganism is a philosophy then why not say hunting is?

Finally, have a look at Aussie comedian Isaac Butterfield, he has quite a few vids battling vegans.

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

It's taken the place of organised religion for some lost souls. zealots practising intolerance, persecution, blind faith,  mindless worship, and evangelical devotion. to a cause they cant prove................... god help us  😉

I never thought of it like that but you are absolutely right, its like one of those Christian splinter groups/cults/Doomsday lot that prospered in the past. Probably less taking all your clothes off and worshiping the Great leader though.

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

It's taken the place of organised religion for some lost souls. zealots practising intolerance, persecution, blind faith,  mindless worship, and evangelical devotion. to a cause they cant prove................... god help us  😉

The wait for intervention could be considerable?

16 hours ago, Mr_Nobody said:

He's a nutter. I've just read the article on the BBC. He's been sacked for revealing data about his company's business practice. I think virtually every contract I've ever signed has a clause that forbids  discussing aspects of the business.

Look on the brightside though. If veganism is a philosophy then why not say hunting is?

Finally, have a look at Aussie comedian Isaac Butterfield, he has quite a few vids battling vegans.

Hunting is more that that, it's a human right, one of the cradles of human kind, an essential building block in the success of our species, as fundamental as making music or art.

13 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

If any publicity around it highlights a lot of vegan and LACS double standards it's got to be good. Only people that will benefit from them are the few big food and nutrition companies that want to control the food chain!  NB

I see Gregg's have jumped on the band wagon, again, with their vegan steak bake. Err, there's no steak in it!!!!

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/greggs-vegan-steak-bake-launched-veganuary-a4324371.html

Edited by Penelope

On 02/01/2020 at 16:14, islandgun said:

Yeah, but apart from all of that, I think it's a great idea. :yay:

Ethical veganism has been declared a philosophy, by an industrial tribunal chairman, and thus (he declared) should be protected in law! I assume this was the plaintiffs argument?........Does that now mean his being dismissed by his employer for whistleblowing, for something the employer did, that was (he decided) contrary to his vegan ethical philosophy.............he was unfairly dismissed?........so will his employer have to pay him compensation for unfair dismissal? If so, every cloud has a silver lining!.....His employer was the LACS! 😀

Edited by panoma1

22 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Ethical veganism has been declared a philosophy, by an industrial tribunal chairman, and thus (he declared) should be protected in law! I assume this was the plaintiffs argument?........Does that now mean his being dismissed by his employer for whistleblowing, for something the employer did, that was (he decided) contrary to his vegan ethical philosophy.............he was unfairly dismissed?........so will his employer have to pay him compensation for unfair dismissal? If so, every cloud has a silver lining!.....His employer was the LACS! 😀

I read that he was sacked for pointing out that LACS had a pension fund that invested in companies involved in animal testing... why as a charity do LACS have pensions.. i also wonder how much the charity pays the staff......from donations

4 minutes ago, B725 said:

So how is being vegan going to save the planet,more tractor's and harvesters etc to grow and harvest the crop's as more grass land turned over to grow them burning more diesel.

And fields made bigger [goodbye trees] no wait theres another group that wants to re-wild 50% of farmland.. I wonder how the vegan worshipful we enjoy a seasonal diet of Turnip that we grow up here,  no of course not, they will have the essential avocado flown in from Brazil, where the rainforest used to be