Werritty Report

NatureBoy

Any one bother reading it? Not seen any mention of it on here! I thought it made an interesting read. Avery and co been slating it so it must be good. Looks like grouse shooting has got 5 years to get sorted or face licencing. Scotland also says it will wait until April now before making any changes to the GL.    NB

22 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I haven’t read it yet but I understand Werritty’s recommendations are not welcomed by driven grouse interests?

Worth a read. Informative! Why is that? Don't expect they are. But he has given any bad ones 5 years to sort themselves out or face licencing. I read it that he's in favour of grouse shooting and what it provides for the economy and wildlife.  Anti's wanted licencing now and/or outright ban! I  support grouse shooting though it is something i will probably never do.    NB

12 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

Worth a read. Informative! Why is that? Don't expect they are. But he has given any bad ones 5 years to sort themselves out or face licencing. I read it that he's in favour of grouse shooting and what it provides for the economy and wildlife.  Anti's wanted licencing now and/or outright ban! I  support grouse shooting though it is something i will probably never do.    NB

I support Driven grouse shooting too! I have been lucky enough to experience both driven and walked up, on quite a few occasions! And would not wish to see it licensed, make no mistake the antis will be relentlessly sending out false information and lies in condemnation of grouse shooting in every media outlet they can muster, over the five year “grace” period..............if we **** up it will result in them getting their way!
We’ll just have to wait and see what the Scottish government decide to do with the reports recommendations......as it currently stands, the pro grouse shooting organisations/lobby still have time to mitigate the situation!