Any info on 'fowling artist Neal Dudley?

Diabolo

I recently acquired these two paintings at auction, catalogued as being of geese over Shep White's at Holbeach Marsh, and Pinkfooted Geese near Crowland. I'd say the artist (Signatures look like "Neal Dudley") must have been a wildfowler and amateur artist in the tradition of so many others who have been inspired to record their experiences of the sport.

Dated 1963, I would think that in the one of a skein flying high over the marsh,  the pillbox at Shep White's is depicted on the skyline, before the sea wall was raised, but am willing to be corrected by someone who recalls the marsh in those days.

I collect wildfowling memorabilia and art when the opportunity arises, I will be contacting the auction house to see if I can find out more on the provenance of these pictures, but if anyone else has any information regarding the artist I would be very interested to hear. I think it is important to record these things for posterity, I have had the good fortune to recover several pictures by wildfowlers which would otherwise possibly have been lost.

Steve

639816_0.jpg

639817_0.jpg

Noel Dudley - 1896/1975! 👍 Makes a difference to a Google search, thanks for that!

Looks to have been quite prolific, appears some works originally for sale in noted sporting art galleries. Most, if not all, his paintings appear to be of wildfowl scenes, so perhaps not a wildfowler first and amateur artist second as was my conjecture, but I would still think he must have been wildfowler of sorts.

Steve