DONALD

scouser

1 hour ago, henry d said:

No, we want you to keep your nose out of other people's businesses, your solving skills are nil, stop jumping on your horse and galloping after the bad injuns Hoss!

I would rather they followed through, were more consistent and had a rational foreign policy.

The same goes for the UK's inconsistent hot and cold approach to it's own foreign policy trying to please both sides of an argument and doing neither. I read that Boris has proposed to put a UK carrier fleet through the South China sea. On it's own its little more than provocation and ties in with our apparent out rage at the treatment of minority groups in the country and China's annexations. It is particularly two faced when at the same time the UK seeks a China trade agreement. 

Likewise with Russia carrying out numerous assassinations across Europe and Europe continues to buy gas. 

I would rather see a firmer stance to foreign aggression that is backed by trade embargo. The clearer we can be with our policy stance the better our intentions will be predicted and understood. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, henry d said:

No, we want you to keep your nose out of other people's businesses, your solving skills are nil, stop jumping on your horse and galloping after the bad injuns Hoss!

Good to see you back with your sensible, rational arguments henry 🤣

12 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

Be interesting to see how many of these world saving acts are carried out after the oil has run out in these countries. I believe we will then see that they will be left to do whatever they wish in their own country as the west will just ignore it totally. 

Tend to agree, the sooner the west moves to a far less oil dependent economy the better. 

2 hours ago, Nuke said:

These problems will only go away once there are no more religions left on the planet.

Religion in itself isn't the problem, it's the fact there are too many religions that's the real problem. Now if we could all just worship the same God the world would be a much better place. I suggest we all convert to veganism and start worshiping the Gregg's vegan steak bake. Let's all give thanks to the divine meat free savoury snack.

* If it's a meat free steak bake surely it should just be called a bake.

Edited by toontastic

20 hours ago, GingerCat said:

I realise that, just using it as an example that if they wanted to they could and leaving them to arrive before doing anything is too late.

I used Russia as an example of what would happen if we waited for them to arrive. Given they annexed a country over night and everyone has left them to carry on and not interfere, I don't think it's a bad example. 

The point being - if you don't interfer with other countries in efforts to protect or advance your own then someone else will do it to you and you won't have a country but rather be a puppet of someone else at best whilst everyone else looks on from afar and says " f that leave them to it" or whatever it was earlier. 

and if the likes of Milliband where incharge he would just like to have a chat and go belly up.

6 hours ago, toontastic said:

Religion in itself isn't the problem, it's the fact there are too many religions that's the real problem. Now if we could all just worship the same God the world would be a much better place. I suggest we all convert to veganism and start worshiping the Gregg's vegan steak bake. Let's all give thanks to the divine meat free savoury snack.

That won't be tolerated: puts a stop to throat cutting practice.

On 05/01/2020 at 17:10, toontastic said:

How about FREAK 

5 hours ago, bavarianbrit said:

If it was Russia it would have been called state sponsored terrorism but as it is our friends that did it it gets a different handle.

Although I still think that trump did the right thing,  I must agree that you're bang on the money .

On 04/01/2020 at 11:48, Mice! said:

I've said before the only person to invade the middle east and win was Genghis Khan,  any resistance was brutally wiped out, entire cities rendered to dust.

That simply wouldn't happen in this day and age, unless someone did nuke the USA,  then all bets would be off.

The middle east will never be beaten by bombing them from the sky, and boots on the ground means young men dying, which the tax paying public soon get sick of.

Until they came up against the Mamluks from Egypt.

Just now, bavarianbrit said:

WW1 started with an assassination BTW.

Indeed it did. I recall a relatively recent prophecy somewhere of a likening of events involving Trump, Johnson and a high profile assassination. History does have a habit of repeating itself but let's hope not in this case.

21 minutes ago, oowee said:

I have Iran down on my bucket list of countries to visit. Not looking to be anytime soon. 

Plenty of other places I'd be visiting first.

Just seeing footage of the 737 falling out of the sky, on fire, with debris clearly trailing it as it descends. Hope that's a tragic coincidence too...