Bram Stoker’s Dracula

old'un

I enjoyed the first instalment, but felt the second lost a bit of steam.....I’ll watch the last episode tonight, hopefully it’ll get a decent ending?

I taped Bancroft on ITV.....watched the first two I enjoyed them, bet the police hate it? Lol!........last episode also tonight!

Typical of the BBC and ITV broadcasting so these series clash! 😡

1 hour ago, TRINITY said:

I enjoyed both episodes. However when I heard mark gatiss was involved in the making I suspected it would be good.

Did you notice the references to his mates Steve pemberton and reece shearsmith, with the play on number 9 in the second episode

Not seen it yet but will look for this, cheers.

54 minutes ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

First two great, last one ruined the whole thing for me, absolute car crash - more plots that a caravan site and most of them just abandoned without resolution. Really disappointed as it was really good especially ep 2

Yep, the last one was a bit of a car crash, almost like the writers had run out of ideas and lost the plot completely, disappointing end.  

We recorded the series, and begun watching today. I gave up after the first 50 or so minutes of episode 1. 

I will say that my wife & I are fans of Dracula and the Gothic Literature genre as a whole. That does not mean we are purists, nor closed to new ideas nor interpretations, but this one was just too far gone for me, and eventually her too.  At first I kinda got the "Gatiss humour" to some degree, but I  utterly hated the use of "Johnny" and before long that plus other grating elements became too much. She watched to the end of episode 1, and deleted the rest.

I have actually found Mark Gatiss to be very disappointing lately, to which I was surprised as I was very much into the League of Gentlemen and such. I enjoyed The Tractate Middoth and the first one or two adaptations of MR James stories. However, the lastest one "Martin's Close" was utterly dreadful and I did have that thought in my mind when I sat down to watch Dracula.

I'm now not too sure if I will bother with anything more of Gatiss's work from now on.

Edited by John_R

3 minutes ago, yates said:

I have to agree now I seen the third part of the series. Very disappointing end to the story. I thought the first two episodes were tongue in cheek humour but the third was disjointed and all over the place plot wise

I did think that this is one of the best things over the festive period - until the third episode which was a car crash