Advice - Firearms certificate grant

samadams21

You can apply for a Coterminous cert with the grant of the FAC but it would still be £90 and your SGC grant money would not be refunded. A friend of mine did it when he applied for his FAC but he only had about 1 year left on his SGC.

That is my understanding of how it worked. Maybe contact your FEO for clarification.

Edited by Newbie to this

19 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

You can apply for a Coterminous cert with the grant of the FAC but it would still be £90 and your SGC grant money would not be refunded. A friend of mine did it when he applied for his FAC but he only had about 1 year left on his SGC.

That is my understanding of how it worked. Maybe contact your FEO for clarification.

I applied for FAC about 4 months after SGC .

I asked if my FAC could run out at the same time as SGC, so I could go co terminous then = Nope .

Had to wait till FAC ran out, THEN it starts its co terminous run, but this being Nottingham, maybe other areas have a different policy ?

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I applied for FAC about 4 months after SGC .

I asked if my FAC could run out at the same time as SGC, so I could go co terminous then = Nope .

Had to wait till FAC ran out, THEN it starts its co terminous run, but this being Nottingham, maybe other areas have a different policy ?

Yeah possibly, we all know that most make it up as they see fit, but my mate had no problem with the MET when he did it. 

He just applied for a grant of an FAC and a renewal of his SGC. He lost a year or so worth of money from renewing his SGC early and had to pay the full fee of £90 for a Coterminous cert grant.

Both his certs expire on the same date now.