Combination Gun.

farmergeorge

Hi, I have got a .410/.22lr combination gun variation on my firearms ticket but am struggling to find one for sale anywhere. Does anyone know anyone who can import/ find one for me/ have one for sale? I am not a fan of the synthetic “savage arms” one that is about the only thing I’ve seen advertised recently. Help much appreciated. 

13 hours ago, ditchman said:

speak to Richardsons (gunsmiths) in Harleston...........i nearly bought one from there a few years ago ...it was a real beaut'..

the one i nearly bought ....was a sxs 410 hammer with the 22 slung underneath.....it was circa 1920.........

32 minutes ago, Blackpowder said:

How accurate would the rifle be in this set up?

Blackpowder

god only knows.......it did have a decent set of adjustable iron sights on it.......it just seemed like a really good walk up come rabbit gun...im sure something like that would knock out a rabbit at 30-50 yards regards accuracy.............it just looked a nice little set up.....

19 minutes ago, ditchman said:

god only knows.......it did have a decent set of adjustable iron sights on it.......it just seemed like a really good walk up come rabbit gun...im sure something like that would knock out a rabbit at 30-50 yards regards accuracy.............it just looked a nice little set up.....

Yes liked the sound of it also

Blackpowder

10 hours ago, ditchman said:

the one i nearly bought ....was a sxs 410 hammer with the 22 slung underneath.....it was circa 1920.........

That would be a drilling rather than combination gun. Although both are "combinations"

Generally combination would be single barrel shotgun and rifle, drilling double and rifle and veirling would be four barrels.

More to it than that but a simplified explanation.

Edd

On 04/01/2020 at 19:40, farmergeorge said:

Hi, I have got a .410/.22lr combination gun variation on my firearms ticket but am struggling to find one for sale anywhere. Does anyone know anyone who can import/ find one for me/ have one for sale? I am not a fan of the synthetic “savage arms” one that is about the only thing I’ve seen advertised recently. Help much appreciated. 

A .410/22 literally just popped up on GunWatch.