top gear

guzzicat

I used to love Top Gear, then it got way past its sell-by date. There's only so many times a person can say "Power!" or "Gentleman's sausage" and still raise a laugh. I watched one episode with Chis Evans and never again, then one episode with Flintoff and never again. They just don't have the chemistry.

I tried a couple of episodes of the Grand Tour and it just seemed like the old Top Gear but they were trying way too hard. (in my opinion.)

Which is a shame, but everything has a lifespan.

Edited by walshie

I liked matt leblanc and Chris Harris. They teamed up well and were both fluent infront of a camera. But Flintoff is a **** trying to hard and again the team is not right. Before Flintoff and paddy came in i actually preferred it to the grand tour, not anymore. Its a good job Chris Harris is in there and his youtube stuff is excellent viewing as well. 

10 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

I haven't watched a single episode since Clarkson Hammond and May went, I never get bored of the repeats on Dave. 

Have you seen any of the Grand Tour?

Ditto, more or less. I tried when Evans took over and just wanted to slap him....couldn’t get through a whole programme and gave up after a third attempt.

Watched the first of the current crew but the chemistry just isn’t there unfortunately. 
Since discovering I now have Amazon Prime I intend to watch the old crew, just haven’t got round to it yet. 

45 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

I liked matt leblanc and Chris Harris. They teamed up well and were both fluent infront of a camera. But Flintoff is a **** trying to hard and again the team is not right. Before Flintoff and paddy came in i actually preferred it to the grand tour, not anymore. Its a good job Chris Harris is in there and his youtube stuff is excellent viewing as well. 

:good:

20 minutes ago, Scully said:

Ditto, more or less. I tried when Evans took over and just wanted to slap him....couldn’t get through a whole programme and gave up after a third attempt.

Watched the first of the current crew but the chemistry just isn’t there unfortunately. 
Since discovering I now have Amazon Prime I intend to watch the old crew, just haven’t got round to it yet. 

I could just about stomach Evans when he hosted BBC2 breakfast, but not on the telly.

I found the first series so so, but the last two have been brilliant, like watching proper top gear again.

10 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

I haven't watched a single episode since Clarkson Hammond and May went, I never get bored of the repeats on Dave. 

Have you seen any of the Grand Tour?

I ground my way through the Evans TG, haven't watched an episode since. I have considered trying again, simply because I like Freddie.

I've seen all of the Grand Tour. I've enjoyed it all although series 2 and 3 are better than the first series.

If you liked old TG then you'll probably enjoy it.

6 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

I could just about stomach Evans when he hosted BBC2 breakfast, but not on the telly.

I found the first series so so, but the last two have been brilliant, like watching proper top gear again.

SNAP!!!!

:lol:

24 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

I ground my way through the Evans TG, haven't watched an episode since. I have considered trying again, simply because I like Freddie.

I've seen all of the Grand Tour. I've enjoyed it all although series 2 and 3 are better than the first series.

If you liked old TG then you'll probably enjoy it.

SNAP!!!!

It never was going to be the same without them 3, they brought that entertainment magic to the program you can't just buy in.

18 minutes ago, Scully said:

I'll maybe give it another go; would hate to think i was missing out on what was once my favourite prog. 

I did mean Grand Tour, not so called Top Gear 😂

Always loved watching top gear,the tours were nothing short of brilliant viewing, as has been carried on with the grand tour.

After multiple attempts top gear is now back to what it was,brilliant entertainment just like last of the summer wine,but with cars.......at last it's watchable again.

Edited by vampire

14 hours ago, guzzicat said:

Never a fan before, did not like the wrecking of the Reliant  Robin, but watched the Nepal show last night, brilliant! the driving by bigger vehicles in Nepal was harrowing. Now a convert.

Same here until the nepal episode.It could be the break top gear needs.

I just never took to it after Clarkson and co left and i did exactly the same with Wheeler dealers after China left. With these shows it is too much the same old same as not to have The audience / personality connection.   New dads army did not work i think if a new del and Rodney was made it would be the same.

How many times can a show change Top gear evolved, from a consumer info show to where Hammond May and clarkson left it. What should have happened is After they left A big rethink. Completely new ideas, not just pick up where they left off  with a change of cast and a few detail changes.

I just think the BBC had a golden opportunity to re invent the show into  a genuinely new Top gear from Clarkson may and hammond  . But simply did not have enough vision to pull  it off , And those three would have always been an hard act to follow anyway, but might be on to something now. .

Edited by lancer425