RATS

Joebrock

44 minutes ago, Arron yeates said:

Yeah see i dont want poison about as i dont know if it could potentially injure my cat as he hunts alot. And as i dont think the neighbour is doing his bit its attracting them. Theres no bins just the birds. I could bait them and shoot them with night vision i suppose but the mrs doesnt like the guns being shot at all in the garden

My misses never used to be keen, but she doesn't like rats and mice. She'd never pull the trigger on an animal but is happy to have a plink.

And she has come around to shooting squirrels in the garden,  she's a veggie but totally understands and sees the difference getting rid of the squirrels has made to the songbirds in the garden. 

Mice your lucky, my wife won't let me shoot anymore squirrels in our garden. Told her they're a pest and shown her the pox in reds. The damage to song birds nests.

I'm under threats of the coven of all things terrible if I shoot another. Two frequently raid the bird nut feeders, if one not seen for a while I get the inquisition.

Corvids she likes me to shoot as many as I can same with mice rats etc.

39 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

"See what she says" jeez whats up wid you guys? Tell her, Don't ask.

We had a couple round for dinner one evening. The woman ( first time we had met her) asked my wife why she put up with me doing so much shooting. Wife’s reply was, “He had the guns long before he met me, and I know that, if necessary, he will have them long after I’ve gone.”

18 minutes ago, London Best said:

We had a couple round for dinner one evening. The woman ( first time we had met her) asked my wife why she put up with me doing so much shooting. Wife’s reply was, “He had the guns long before he met me, and I know that, if necessary, he will have them long after I’ve gone.”

😂😂👍 Come spring time they will meet a bit of lead. What she will be told is they're off after females to breed with.

Edited by figgy

Sounds like my kind of gal, London Best. Really cannot understand why anybody would put up with a wife that dictates what you can/cannot do, my other half is a Townie but she doesn't  preach her opinions to me or complain when I throw everything in the car and disappear for several hours, never has and never will.

16 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Sounds like my kind of gal, London Best. Really cannot understand why anybody would put up with a wife that dictates what you can/cannot do, my other half is a Townie but she doesn't  preach her opinions to me or complain when I throw everything in the car and disappear for several hours, never has and never will.

My wife supports me big time in my lifestyle, which is countryside based, shooting, stalking and dogs. Whilst she doesn’t shoot, she likes nothing better than to stand with me on a driven day and work the dog. She has even started coming stalking with me. She is not keen on duck flighting, and apparently she would disapprove if I shot a bear or a zebra.

43 minutes ago, London Best said:

My wife supports me big time in my lifestyle, which is countryside based, shooting, stalking and dogs. Whilst she doesn’t shoot, she likes nothing better than to stand with me on a driven day and work the dog. She has even started coming stalking with me. She is not keen on duck flighting, and apparently she would disapprove if I shot a bear or a zebra.

See I can go with all of that👍

2 hours ago, figgy said:

Mice your lucky, my wife won't let me shoot anymore squirrels in our garden. Told her they're a pest and shown her the pox in reds. The damage to song birds nests.

I'm under threats of the coven of all things terrible if I shoot another. Two frequently raid the bird nut feeders, if one not seen for a while I get the inquisition.

Corvids she likes me to shoot as many as I can same with mice rats etc.

The last rat that was shot had 5 people watching through various windows,  rats ain't tolerated. 

12 hours ago, London Best said:

So would the Zoo!:rolleyes:

My wife isnt fussed if i go shooting for a day or a weekend away. But doesnt like the guns being shot in the garden.  Tbf if i had a miss i could go through a fence into another garden which is down the shooter before they take the shot if ita safe or not. Shes bought me quite alot of shooting gear aswell but wouldnt wana see anything beinh shot 

1 hour ago, Leach said:

Saying about shooting in your back garden you could do with a metal backstop or a concrete slab as the pellets hit it the pellet will smash up and that would stop them going next door at least it be safer and no trouble for you

I know yeah, thing is i dont generally shoot in my back garden due to its only about 20m and houses are close. I have in the past and i angle so the dirt would stop anything

Saying about rats I shot one couldn't find it after a few days ourdog found it it smelt I got my sister to slap it ina carrier bag off a shovel she threw 3 buckets of water with boiling hot water and bleach and floor cleaning stuff it cleared the smell

Another lucky hubby here ,the little lady has always supported me and my lad with out various shooting exploits .

Even now if the local feral pigeons visit our bird feeders shes at me to thin them out a bit with the air rifle before they scare all the songbirds away and mess the place up .

I have had a rat ot two around this year, i bought two wooden nipper type rat traps and i had instant results got three more or less a day apart. But after that still seeing them odd time, but traps just not working any more no matter what i bait them with, tried different sites for them but they are untouched every morning. any ideas. ? 

I got a few air rifles vulcan 177 feinwerkbau 127.22 but i get bored waiting, i sometimes think if i had a pistol i could get a shot much eassier they are only 10 yards max distance from a small workshop i work on my motorbikes in. are the crossman pistols up to killing rats at this sort of range, i thought 6ftlbs is not much to be killing a rat with but what do you think.

30 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

I have had a rat ot two around this year, i bought two wooden nipper type rat traps and i had instant results got three more or less a day apart. But after that still seeing them odd time, but traps just not working any more no matter what i bait them with, tried different sites for them but they are untouched every morning. any ideas. ? 

I got a few air rifles vulcan 177 feinwerkbau 127.22 but i get bored waiting, i sometimes think if i had a pistol i could get a shot much eassier they are only 10 yards max distance from a small workshop i work on my motorbikes in. are the crossman pistols up to killing rats at this sort of range, i thought 6ftlbs is not much to be killing a rat with but what do you think.

If you know your getting rats a cage trap can work,  I get the odd one on the fat balls, they happily go up the tree as easily as a squirrel would.

Your pistol would do the job at that range if you can.