Ricky Gervais

Benthejockey

Never been a fan. There was something on recently where it was funny for a while but comedy based on constantly saying outrageous things has a pretty short "humour span" in my book. Always thought he's got a face that is crying out to be punched. He also seems to be a proponent of over-use of the C word, which I think should be reserved for exceptional use, again, very limited talent...

Ricky knows all about being woke and hypocritical. Active campaigner to get so-called 'trophy hunting' banned, completely ignores the benefits that the cash brings to help preserve and encourage the recovery of endangered species. Completely fails to offer a viable alternative. Completely ignores requests to put his hand in his pocket, given he's so keen to preserve wildlife, and save up to 10 giraffes, all set to be culled (Ricky has a net worth of around $130 million, so not exactly short of a few bob).

Typically he, like all the others, kept his hands in his pockets. But it's okay, the giraffes were shot, the fess paid, future conservation funded, locals fed. If you want to find out more look for Jens Ulrick Høgh on Facebook, he has an on-going blog regarding the issues around hunting, trophies and the knee-jerk virtue signallers who are oh so vocal.

52 minutes ago, Thunderbird said:

I don't like him very much at all, that said he had a pretty good article in The Spectator before Christmas going on about people getting too offended and the 'snowflake' generation, in that, he was dead right. 

The thing is he seems to get very offended by numerous things himself (which appears to be a common trait among people oft accusing others of being snowflakes).

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

The thing is he seems to get very offended by numerous things himself (which appears to be a common trait among people oft accusing others of being snowflakes).

Reminds me of the bloke who played Chef in South Park who apparently enjoyed taking the mickey out of all the religions, except Scientology. 

It seems I could be in the minority on here as I like the guy. Very funny stand up routines and After Life was one of the best shows I watched last year. He has always thrived on being controversial and and I'm looking forward to seeing his performance on the Globes later. 

Yes, he is outspoken on animal rights issues but he is entitled to his opinion (as we all are).

Never really liked the fella or the stuff he done , people raved about the office but I never could get into it  , agree with previous comment about him and a few other loud mouth antis suddenly being very quiet over that open letter inviting them to buy those animals that were due to be culled 

Do you remember that thing he done for the Royal Family - on stage - watched about 5 minute and turned it off - like others I can't take to the guy in any shape or form 😞

My youngest (14) is funnier than he is (just waiting to hear if he has been selected for Britains Got Talent). Somebody asked me what side of the family he gets his humor from - I said the Milkman :D

Some of his standup is funny but I'm no fan of his tv work.

I've just watched the highlights of last night and I thought he was pretty funny. As it appeared did one of his victims, Di Caprio. I would have liked to see more of the audience reactions though.

If you hire a comedian known for doing quite brutal comedy don't be surprised when he turns that wit on a privileged audience. Shockers gonna shock.

Anyway as it was his last year, may I suggest Frankie Boyle for next year's host?

0ricky.png