Removing gizzard

PotHunter96

7 minutes ago, snow white said:

You are supposed to leave the guts in them they drop all the **** out of them when they strike up you are welcome to try them.

You are supposed to get a spoon up is **** then but what you get out on toast like patie no thank you 

The ones I've done (right or wrong) take intestines with gizzard leave all else, use one finger, very nice

I've stopped shooting them but, yes, remove the gizzard and leave everything else inside. Stick your finger inside the cavity and you will feel a firm / hard lump - that's the gizzard. When you know you've found it, pull it out with a cocktail stick or something like that and just cut off that lump leaving everything else.

Then you are good to go with roasting. I normally rub the bird with some butter and seasoning, then place a couple of rashers of streaky bacon over the breast before going into the oven.

When ready, get a teaspoon and scoop out the entrails (they should still be quite bloody) and fry quickly for a few seconds with a splash of red wine or (my favourite) port, then spread this pate on toast with the roasted bird. Superb flavour, and by the time it's mashed up onto the toast nobody would know what it is.