Medical issues with your FAC....

Walker570

Yes we are still working on sorting this out, and more details are on our web site and we will keep updating this as the situation develops.

If you look at MMs penultimate post he clearly stated that there is no point paying a fee to BASC if you could get insurance only for less and have a GP that plays ball and charges about £50, , my point is that this comes to nothing if your GP will not sign, what then? This is a situation faced by many of our members hence we are helping them.

If some of you genuinely can't see how a pennant marker on medical records is a positive thing, I am surprised.

21 minutes ago, David BASC said:

Yes we are still working on sorting this out, and more details are on our web site and we will keep updating this as the situation develops.

If you look at MMs penultimate post he clearly stated that there is no point paying a fee to BASC if you could get insurance only for less and have a GP that plays ball and charges about £50, , my point is that this comes to nothing if your GP will not sign, what then? This is a situation faced by many of our members hence we are helping them.

If some of you genuinely can't see how a pennant marker on medical records is a positive thing, I am surprised.

Perhaps you could explain why you regard a flag as a positive, as I’m unaware of any past incident which could have been avoided by employment of such a method. 

Okay, and the last one from me on this. Scouts promise. I'm concerned that rather than being the (statistically inconsequential and unnecessarily onerous) boon to public safety it's lauded to be that the opposite becomes true. Firearms owners actively avoid discussing feelings of depression with their GPs precisely because they know a marker is in place. So, it doesn't get us any further forward anyway and simply introduces yet another costly, bureaucratic hoop, for hoops' sake.

As a final note, I genuinely hope that BASC manages to sort this out for all shooters sake, not just the ones with membership, that would be a great outcome in light of the present situation, and that the cost for all is made reasonable and proportionate. That would be worthy of an organisation who's mission statement is 'the voice of shooting'. Genuinely, good luck.

Edited by mick miller

Thanks Mick, overall we are on the same side and I truly welcome your kind and positive words.

Scully, you can easily look into this yourself, three examples were given by the three coroner's reports referenced in the link I provided.

Plus once a marker is on my record (as indeed it is, I've seen it) Then at my next renewal there will be no need for GP to get involved as evidently nothing has occurred that could medically prevent or question my renewal

43 minutes ago, mick miller said:

Okay, and the last one from me on this. Scouts promise. I'm concerned that rather than being the (statistically inconsequential and unnecessarily onerous) boon to public safety it's lauded to be that the opposite becomes true. Firearms owners actively avoid discussing feelings of depression with their GPs precisely because they know a marker is in place. So, it doesn't get us any further forward anyway and simply introduces yet another costly, bureaucratic hoop, for hoops' sake.

As a final note, I genuinely hope that BASC manages to sort this out for all shooters sake, not just the ones with membership, that would be a great outcome in light of the present situation, and that the cost for all is made reasonable and proportionate. That would be worthy of an organisation who's mission statement is 'the voice of shooting'. Genuinely, good luck.

You want the BASC to obtain a good outcome......but you want someone else to pay for it! 

8 minutes ago, David BASC said:

Plus once a marker is on my record (as indeed it is, I've seen it) Then at my next renewal there will be no need for GP to get involved as evidently nothing has occurred that could medically prevent or question my renewal

If it's possible to bring your last paragraph around to a one off declaration that to date nothing of concern has occurred, rather than at every renewal I think a lot more would support it. I'm mildly dyslexic and hope that came out right.

Edited by Dave-G

I'm in Essex, my SGC runs out in May so I delivered my GP pro forma to the surgery last week, upon receipt the receptionist informed me that the surgery were due to agree their stance on it in the coming days and they would inform me of their decision. I took a call from the surgery this evening informing me that the surgery won't be responding to or completing/auctioning any gp pro formas. 

Im going to call my FEO tomorrow to let them know and ask them their advice as to how to proceed, Essex FEOs have been good at helping others in a similar situation.  As a basc member I'll also call them to see what my options are.