Game load

Jacko3275

As some of you may know I did my first game shoot early on in the season (Oct 5th ) and I used Hull superfast pigeon 29g fibre No6 shot with a 1/4 and a 1/2 choke . I am going again this weekend and wondered if I need to change load or chokes or both . I am going to the same shoot as before and due to the topography of the land I doubt they will be massively high birds 

cheers 

jacko

19 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

As some of you may know I did my first game shoot early on in the season (Oct 5th ) and I used Hull superfast pigeon 29g fibre No6 shot with a 1/4 and a 1/2 choke . I am going again this weekend and wondered if I need to change load or chokes or both . I am going to the same shoot as before and due to the topography of the land I doubt they will be massively high birds 

cheers 

jacko

Do you feel that you were "undergunned" last time?

If you shot and killed your fair share I would suggest you continue with a cartridge you know and use regularly.

Good luck.:good:

22 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Do you feel that you were "undergunned" last time?

If you shot and killed your fair share I would suggest you continue with a cartridge you know and use regularly.

Good luck.:good:

Shot quite well last time so I’ll stick with what I’ve got cheers

25 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i cannot see any reason to change if all went ok last time, although i would look at the weather if any different from last time birds might be lower or higher depending on the wind, you could pop a 3/4 choke in your pocket just in case

Think I’ll do that just in case