Pellet prices

figgy

What's the most you have seen a tin of 500 jsb pellets for.

There are places you can buy from online for around £10.00 delivered to your door. 

Some shops will sell for around this depending on amount of tins you buy like Swillington Shooting Supplies.

Rang a couple of localish shops one small and one a larger place. 

Small shop aafd £13.50 a tin, thought fair enough others are about the same all charge couple quid more for the AA over the JSB and your only a little place. 

Large shop for 500 JSB £17.00 a tin, I had to ask twice, thought I had heard wrong and he was saying £7.00 for a 200 tin. 😵

3 hours ago, Whitebridges said:

It can get worse figgy. I have two guns in .25 one is FAC and the other <12 ftlbs

Heard good things about the New JSB lead free .25 at 16.54g 

There's 150 in a tin at £11.25 a tin, so i make that 7.5p a pellet.

So what did i do? Order two tins. What a loon!!     

JSBnolead.JPG

Those should go well in a sub 12 .25 cal where did u get them from ? 

Not sure what the mark up on pellets  is but it wont be a lot  so 50 tins will probably cos the rfd around  £ 400  and they sell them all for around £600 .ish .

Point is .shops like country ways  /bar .buy pellets by the pallet full and thats  just one brand  like jsb .

Lots of people my self included often buy a few sleeves at a time .last time i bought jsb kings i bought 30 tins .

I went into my local rfd over xmas and bought an assortment of tins to try . (6 in total) 

So if a shop thinks small they will stay small  .

6 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Not sure what the mark up on pellets  is but it wont be a lot  so 50 tins will probably cos the rfd around  £ 400  and they sell them all for around £600 .ish .

Point is .shops like country ways  /bar .buy pellets by the pallet full and thats  just one brand  like jsb .

Lots of people my self included often buy a few sleeves at a time .last time i bought jsb kings i bought 30 tins .

I went into my local rfd over xmas and bought an assortment of tins to try . (6 in total) 

So if a shop thinks small they will stay small  .

I have seen some of the cost figures for pellets and some of the cheaper brands are as you say but the £200 margin will have to have the VAT almost £35 removed giving about £165 margin and 50 tins could easily take 6 months to move for the smaller shops. With the bigger brands I know for a fact the margin is much less and some of the figures mentioned in this thread only give single figure pence profit. So to go big instead of staying small as you put it means you might need to sell 100 tins to make £7 and I`m pretty sure the time spent with the sale means they are being sold at a loss.

17 minutes ago, figgy said:

All this sold at a loss is carp.  Same with cartridges. They still make a profit or they wouldn't sell them.

If they make 5pence in a tin it's still a proffit, their time is just that time. They're there regardless.

It’s not profit tho after the over heads 👍.

this is why companies are closing all the time mate . 
we have a 20% mark up on doors but most are only£90-100. £15-20 to talk for 15 mins to a customer then get 2 lads to unload a truck in 10 mins  , store in our container over night then load it back up in a customer car. 
Our local competition is making £6 a door 😮

2 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Ok  fair points .but how do pound shops make a profit  ? And stay in business 

I have no idea on that one. Our local £1 land has just shut . They have 30 year leases on the shops and pay minimum wage but £50-100,000 a year rent around here on big retail parks plus the rates must be the same again.

ive heard it’s total lose on plaster board and plaster products but they claim it back against the tax .