FAC first time app

Burge

in December just gone (19th) I had the interview and storage check for my FAC from west mids police. The interview went well and was told that things looked promising. However still waiting for the license to come through in the post. Am I just being impatient or should I make an enquiry to see where it is?. 

5 minutes ago, Burge said:

in December just gone (19th) I had the interview and storage check for my FAC from west mids police. The interview went well and was told that things looked promising. However still waiting for the license to come through in the post. Am I just being impatient or should I make an enquiry to see where it is?. 

You’re being impatient, I waited 12 weeks from my interview for my license to turn up.

8 minutes ago, Burge said:

Am I just being impatient or should I make an enquiry to see where it is?. 

Dont know about West Mids, but most county firearms departments provide a guide on the times they take to process grants. In the light that they shutdown for the Christmas break I suspect you are wildly impatient, they only got back to work a week ago. Many forces are running at about 8 weeks to process grants & renewals. Chasing them wont get you anywhere.

As hard as it is I’m afraid you will have to be patient , if you include Xmas and new year your application has probably only been back on someone’s desk a week , it’s horrible but keep thinking that it’s worth the wait !

Edited by spurs 14
Word missing