Dog food

farmboy807

Just deposited for a cocker pup pick her up End of feb I tend to keep her on what food she is being feed until she settles 

I read up on an article from a Gundog kennel that’s feeds wheat and gluten free

so what do others use recommend as so many and differ in price mainly branding I know 

so fair was thinking csj fit’n’fast as I have a stockist close to me 

1 hour ago, farmboy807 said:

Just deposited for a cocker pup pick her up End of feb I tend to keep her on what food she is being feed until she settles 

so what do others use recommend as so many and differ in price mainly branding I know 

Hi farm boy I was looking at grain free for my pup  ,but  there's been some serious problems in the states with grain and gluten free feeds ! thier  equivalent to our vetenary asociation  have named 10 firms making  this food that causes DCM hart problems ! please google DCM  before you give it to your pup .DD  I sugest any one feeding grain free googles D C M!

Edited by derbyduck

2 hours ago, farmboy807 said:

I have used CSJ CP21 which was good at about £33 a 15kg bag and bit more recently I have moved onto Eden working dog food at £55 a 15kg bag.  More expensive but you don’t need to feed as much due to the quality of ingredients.  Dog looks much better on the Eden.

CSJ
https://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/dog-food-reviews/0733/csj-command-performance-21

Eden
https://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/dog-food-reviews/1696/eden-sporting-and-working-dry

• 1 month later...

Skinners puppy food is good and frankly you should be fine with any similar good quality feed. As you say keep the pup on whatever the breeder has used until you decide if you want to change. Dry is fine but I always let it soak before feeding. I know there is a big move to raw but I know a lot of people who have moved away from it with no detrimental effect on working ability, stamina, condition etc.

had mine on skinners always wetted it down for him then one morning he just turned his nose up at it wouldn't touch ,tried it dry still wasn't keen so tried Csj feed same reaction then a workmate told me to try Millies Wolfheart had an online chat they suggested 2 to try so I bought an extra taster bag found one he absolutely gorged on so have ordered more of it ,ok its dearer than the others but to me well worth it , hes looking amazing on it