2007 Hilux as family all rounder

arm3000gt

On 22/01/2020 at 20:01, Dougy said:

Difficult to park in tight places  

Parallel parked mine Monday night with 7 inches to spare either end, some of you just need to practice more if you cant parallel park.

The act of parallel parking is not the issue. It is the fact pick ups are longer in length than most parking spaces so can take longer to find a space big enough to fit in.

t the current UK norm for parking spaces is 2.4 metres wide by 4.8 metres long, for example a Navara is 5.12m long.

9 hours ago, stumpy69 said:

The act of parallel parking is not the issue. It is the fact pick ups are longer in length than most parking spaces so can take longer to find a space big enough to fit in.

t the current UK norm for parking spaces is 2.4 metres wide by 4.8 metres long, for example a Navara is 5.12m long.

That's what I have found

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Nothing to do with your parking spaces being far more generous than ours!

Drive in a Cabela's car park and you need a SAT NAV to find the entrance to the store, fortunately they put a magnificent sculpture there to guide you.

Back to Toyota trucks. Well as y'alll know I am a Landie man but my friend drove me round trip 150 miles to go shooting yesterday and ride wise it was not too bad, it is a truck.

Getting anything out of the bed without something like the plasterers bath is a nightmare for sure. The drop down tail gate does make a nice table for elevensies.  Turning circle was about the same as a Landy 110 so not so good.   If I wanted a family 4x4 for on and off road, hauling kids stuff but also pigeon hides etc etc I would go for a Landie 110 BUT there again I'm a Landie man. My present one is 31 yrs old this month and still doing the job in spades wherehas a new Discovery I rode in last week struggled to get in and out of a muddy field and I think my friends Toyota would have sunk with all hands.  .... 

Edited by Walker570