Us bases In iraq under fire.

lancer425

I’ve never been a fan of America’s foreign policy. But the assassination of Soleimani was too far I feel. I think it broke international law and America should be held to account by the rest of the world.

Trump tweeted (I can’t believe twitter has become a platform for countries leaders to communicate...) that they would hit 52 targets because many years ago iran took 52 hostages... how about if Iran said they would hit 290 targets because of the 290 civilians killed in 1988 when the us shot down an airliner...

i really feel America need to wind their neck in and that they should be taken to international court or whatever over the Soleimani hit.

Well Iran have gone and done it now. Still not confirmed what damage and if any loss of life from the Iran rockets. 

Some bases are not just American but coalition forces too, including our boys and girls.

This is going to get worse before it gets better.

America got any new weapons they been wanting to test? 

Wonder how he will justify it, war on terror, wmds, nuke threat. Or Twitter spat, he called me names.

I've not really took much notice of the growing tensions as we will never know the truth and the amount of false news we get fed. 

Iran will have the backing of its people looking at the news last few days.

Edited by figgy

Normal US policy.

Provoke a country until they have to retaliate then use that as an excuse to invade under a pretence of 'self-defence' or 'peace'.

The US has never been able to tolerate the Iranian revolution and, ever since the fall of the Shah of Persia, has been trying to bring Iran down so they can dominate the oil supplies in the middle east.

That's why they installed and armed Saddam Hussein and waged a 6 year war by proxy. Once they got their backsides kicked then Saddam became a liability so 'weapons of mass destruction', none of which was ever specified or even found.

A look at an atlas tells the true story. Every country destabilised at the moment, from Ukraine, where Russia were forced to annexe Crimea to secure their only access to the Med, in a 'U' shape all the way round to the South China Sea and Japan, forms a buffer zone between Russia, China and US controlled Arabian oil.

We were practicing these scenario's when I was in the RAF back in the '70's and they're still going down the same route knowing where it ends up. A 'glow in the dark' world.

Our military is totally dependent upon the US including our 'independent' nuclear deterrent so when the US says jump then we have no alternative to saying "how high Mr President"?

5 hours ago, figgy said:

Well Iran have gone and done it now. Still not confirmed what damage and if any loss of life from the Iran rockets. 

Some bases are not just American but coalition forces too, including our boys and girls.

This is going to get worse before it gets better.

America got any new weapons they been wanting to test? 

Wonder how he will justify it, war on terror, wmds, nuke threat. Or Twitter spat, he called me names.

I've not really took much notice of the growing tensions as we will never know the truth and the amount of false news we get fed. 

Iran will have the backing of its people looking at the news last few days.

Trump has started proceedings Rightly or wrongly?.  Either way They have reacted and now he is going to have to react  back.

With no obvious Solution other than escalation of action from both sides it will not end well.  

This region is trouble Has been for hundreds of not thousands of years I am no Historian but Roman times. And none of the big nations Great Britain Russia And others, have ever been able to stop the bother.

No losses known yet but suppose its inevitable some died, lets just hope intelligence was good and the US forces got bunkered up. But  I doubt that very much, so imagine more lives to go yet.

all seems like a damp squib to me..............its turning into a pathetic little weeing contest..............

oh and whats more is ...............in order to mark our exit from the bloody EU......we should get out there with our new aircraft carriers and stuff and give these jonny foriegners a damn good kicking...................just to let em know..

"hellooo .....guess what ....we are back ........"..............

Edited by ditchman