Back in the days...

Eyefor

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

in another 50 years we will be saying................"remember the good ole days"

• drone strikes 
  • water boarding
  • peodophile rings
  • PIE
  • limited nuclear strikes
  • shock an awe
  • desert storm
  • heads being chopped off
  • scud rockets
  • hypersonic missiles
  • self driving cars crashes

ahhh...how times change

Edited by ditchman

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

in another 50 years we will be saying................"remember the good ole days"

• drone strikes 
  • water boarding
  • peodophile rings
  • PIE
  • limited nuclear strikes
  • shock an awe
  • desert storm
  • heads being chopped off
  • scud rockets
  • hypersonic missiles
  • self driving cars crashes

ahhh...how times change

It would be good to hope people look back at 2020 with fondness.. Me I will be be 117 and if the next 50yrs are as kind to me as the last, i will be living in a test tube, with a pipe out the top for oxygen

42 minutes ago, islandgun said:

It would be good to hope people look back at 2020 with fondness.. Me I will be be 117 and if the next 50yrs are as kind to me as the last, i will be living in a test tube, with a pipe out the top for oxygen

that sounds like one hell of a **** job..:lol:

hello, like the song, ah yes i remember it well !!!!!!!! but my favourite memory was not about our black and white tv or getting a penny for the sweet shop, i was born in a cottage hospital Christmas 1949 and lived just outside of a small town in west sussex on a hill and remember standing on the back fence around 4/5  looking out onto  rolling hills, woods and green fields as far as the eye could see and what i now know hear the skylarks on a warm summers day, i am sure this is what sparked my love of our beautiful countryside. 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 11:31, bavarianbrit said:

Oh happy days.                                                                                                                                                                                                                     You forgot to mention the frost on the inside of the bedroom window for months on end and the outside toilet was frozen plus either your front or rear in the living room were warm but never both at the same time. But we were happy.

hot water bottles that leaked ,or had I peed the bed

Brings back my memories of a kind of childhood that dosn,t exist today.

Myself and all my mates spent dawn till dusk wandering around and playing in the open country side. Air rifles were common place amongst most young teen ages. We could all identify most species of birds and egg collecting was a common pastime.

I sometimes walk around those very same places where I spent my young life and you never see young people anymore.

5 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Only in your mind!

Is raffles in the mind  contagious? .

Just now, old'un said:

When I was a kid back in the 60s the dustmen always seemed to make a lot more noise around Christmas,

That's just the complaining about working all over Christmas for no extra pay 😆