Smk co2 review

Sean stoke

59 minutes ago, amateur said:

They are noisy, though, so he will need a moderator. They aren't difficult to strip down and plenty of online stuff on improving the action and getting the power up to nearer 11ftlbs.

Recommend one? A cheap one....Are they in need of threading/screw cutting or can you use a slip on mod? 

Edited by HDAV

got a couple of smk 78s here that my two boys used to use when they were younger.out the box they are pants at around 7-8 ftlbs.

did the usual probe porting and changed the transfer port seal also removed the felt filter.

upped the power to 11.2 ftlbs and with a bit of action polishing they shoot pretty dam good for a cheap rifle

the magazine add on is basic but it works.

i use em round the sheds for ferals and rats,luv em cos they so light to carry.

15 hours ago, amateur said:

Cheap slip on, after having unscrewed the front sight.

I'm assuming he will be using a telescopic sight.

Yes or poss a red dot any recommendation for a cheap but effective unit? ****** just seen you can’t have air gun mods posted ***! There are literally no RFD where I live! ******* redonkulous 🤬

3 hours ago, Remimax said:

got a couple of smk 78s here that my two boys used to use when they were younger.out the box they are pants at around 7-8 ftlbs.

did the usual probe porting and changed the transfer port seal also removed the felt filter.

upped the power to 11.2 ftlbs and with a bit of action polishing they shoot pretty dam good for a cheap rifle

the magazine add on is basic but it works.

i use em round the sheds for ferals and rats,luv em cos they so light to carry.

sounds ideal Just need to find one now and probably a chrono to make sure it’s all legal.....

Edited by HDAV