Harry, oh, Harry!

Penelope

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully respect their decision to step back rom royal duties but then they should stop receiving money from the dutchy of Cornwall which is where H gets most of his money from (via his dad).

They say they want to earn their own money which is great but then say they expected their protection and security bill to still be paid for by the Met. (Tax payer).

You can’t have it all ways I’m afraid.

:shaun:

We should all approach our boss today and inform them that we no longer wish to work (following a 6 week break) but could he transfer my wages every month - keep my house for me while I'm away and let the parent company know that I will be expecting them to foot all my travel bills.

American divorcee causes abdication. 😉

OK, I know it's not the same, but you can't help wondering how the Queen is feeling. 

Seems to me Harry has been making a bit of a plonker of himself in recent years.

American royalty is basically Hollywood, and they get to say whatever they like, however ridiculous. Our royalty are are (given their funding/status etc.) somewhat different. Maybe they've resigned to spend more time with Greta. 

1 hour ago, bavarianbrit said:

30+ years living off the royal trough the wake up call will be rough. Get a mortgage for the cottage?

I’m not sure it would be rough. Even if they didn’t take anymore income from the royal family, they would both still be millionaires and could just live off the interest of investments without ever having to work again...

Hero to zero. The most popular royal is now a lapdog wagging his tail on command for some social climbing Hollywood bimbo who has a history of always getting what she wants no matter who gets hurt along the way. What a drip he's turned out to be.

It's a pity the Queen and Philip are so old and knackered and Charles is such a washout because someone needs to haul Harry in and explain to him the reality of what it really means to give up his royal duties and responsibilities. They did it to Princess Margaret and when she realised the alternative to her gilded existence would be a semi detached in Luton and holidays at Butlin's she quickly changed her mind.

I hope Boris steps up on this and denies them access to public funds and removes them from the civil list on the principle they can't have their cake and eat it.

1 minute ago, JDog said:

I respect their decision. 

Who would want to live in the Royal goldfish bowl with all that entails?

He is a long way down the succession order and apparently there are now serious concerns about his parentage. 

Now, it has been questionable since James Hewitt was guarding the Palace!:w00t:

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
CAPITALISATION!

1 minute ago, JDog said:

I certainly wouldn't, and I think that's a fair point if taken in isolation, I respect anyone wanting to forge their own path away from Royal duties, but the level of 'wokeness' displayed by them is a bit nauseating. I'm sure they've been having one hell of a long pity-party about how awful it all is (no doubt supported and encouraged by her rich and famous friends). 

And let's face it, he would never have bagged her unless he was a prince. Perhaps she thought it would all be a bit like Hollywood where most of the reporting is sycophantic. 

Canada would be a good place for them. Trudeau is just the kind of person she would get on with. 

8 minutes ago, JDog said:

He is a long way down the succession order and apparently there are now serious concerns about his parentage. 

are questions being asked about this ?.............it has always been supposed............will it make any difference ?

11 minutes ago, JDog said:

Some good points …. but al least have a chat about it with your gran before going to the press!

56 minutes ago, Westward said:

Hero to zero. The most popular royal is now a lapdog wagging his tail on command for some social climbing Hollywood bimbo who has a history of always getting what she wants no matter who gets hurt along the way. What a drip he's turned out to be.

It's a pity the Queen and Philip are so old and knackered and Charles is such a washout because someone needs to haul Harry in and explain to him the reality of what it really means to give up his royal duties and responsibilities. They did it to Princess Margaret and when she realised the alternative to her gilded existence would be a semi detached in Luton and holidays at Butlin's she quickly changed her mind.

I hope Boris steps up on this and denies them access to public funds and removes them from the civil list on the principle they can't have their cake and eat it.

This /\

I rather think Piers Morgan (who I don't always agree with) as this quote:

"And instead, they now want to be a 'progressive' force within 'the institution'.

In other words, they want to be super-woke celebrities (with all the outrageous 'Do as we say not as we do' hectoring hypocrisy they've already brought to that status) who get to keep all the trappings of royal life without any of the hard, boring bits and the right to cash in on their status however they choose.

So, they want the glitz, the glamour, the splendour and the stupendous wealth….they just don't want to have to actually earn it."

Harry was born to a position in life - like a family business.  It carries responsibilities as well as great rewards.  If he doesn't want it, then of course he can leave, but that means leaving the rewards as well as the responsibilities.  Megan Markle chose to marry into that life, as did Prince Philip.  Just like Prince Philip, she must learn that she is simply in a 'supporting role'.  It is reasonably recognised that it wasn't always easy for him, but he worked at it and supported the 'family firm' and made a position for himself (and not without the occasional bump in the road) that has gained great respect form most people.

I feel immensely sorry for HM the Queen.  It is a close re-run to the Edward VIII/Mrs Simpson, which so disrupted her own life and probably helped to shorten her father's life.  She has been betrayed by her own grandson, (as George V was by his son) who has also fallen for the spell of an American divorcee.

3 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

This /\

I rather think Piers Morgan (who I don't always agree with) as this quote:

"And instead, they now want to be a 'progressive' force within 'the institution'.

In other words, they want to be super-woke celebrities (with all the outrageous 'Do as we say not as we do' hectoring hypocrisy they've already brought to that status) who get to keep all the trappings of royal life without any of the hard, boring bits and the right to cash in on their status however they choose.

So, they want the glitz, the glamour, the splendour and the stupendous wealth….they just don't want to have to actually earn it."

Harry was born to a position in life - like a family business.  It carries responsibilities as well as great rewards.  If he doesn't want it, then of course he can leave, but that means leaving the rewards as well as the responsibilities.  Megan Markle chose to marry into that life, as did Prince Philip.  Just like Prince Philip, she must learn that she is simply in a 'supporting role'.  It is reasonably recognised that it wasn't always easy for him, but he worked at it and supported the 'family firm' and made a position for himself (and not without the occasional bump in the road) that has gained great respect form most people.

I feel immensely sorry for HM the Queen.  It is a close re-run to the Edward VIII/Mrs Simpson, which so disrupted her own life and probably helped to shorten her father's life.  She has been betrayed by her own grandson, (as George V was by his son) who has also fallen for the spell of an American divorcee.

yup .....................agree with that....cant add to it