Harry, oh, Harry!

Penelope

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoilt little rich kid being led by the na**ers.

He and his other half have around £M30 between them and they are not going to ever be short of a bob or two. Should be forced from the public purse and pay their own expenses, security bills and a proper rental on Frogmore cottage.

Remove their titles and see how quickly their A Lister friends desert them. (Look how fast Uncle Andrews friends distanced themselves from him)

So much for their green credentials if they are going to be constantly flying backwards and forwards over the pond.

I bet if he had discussed this with Phill the Greek  he would have had a right going over.

Thing is, they might be moving away from boring Royal duties like opening a supermarket on a wet Wednesday in some dreary town, but in fact they will be more in the public eye than ever, but as mere "celebrities" - which is going to worry the Palace. This resignation (or whatever it turns out to be) amounts to a self-imposed mandate to be able to do and say whatever they like. This is going to be about a mixture of climate crisis / anti-Trump / abortion / LGBTQXYZ etc / supporting the Democrats in America, etc etc.

Plus monetising their kids. 

Watch this space, they aren't going to go quietly..

Either Harry is going to stick with it like The Duke of Windsor, or there is a chance he'll emerge one day a wiser man. Perhaps. 

9 minutes ago, Thunderbird said:

This is going to be about a mixture of climate crisis / anti-Trump / abortion / LGBTQXYZ etc / supporting the Democrats in America, etc etc.

And let us not forget that Megan's first comments when Archie was born were that he'll grow up to be a feminist. Personally I wish she'd grow up but I don't hold out much hope.

3 minutes ago, Westward said:

And let us not forget that Megan's first comments when Archie was born were that he'll grow up to be a feminist. Personally I wish she'd grow up but I don't hold out much hope.

Neither do I. 

One thing that strikes me is that whilst this move was undoubtedly a calculated one, given what I've seen online just today it looks like it's backfiring already. Look at Andrew's recent interview. I suppose he thought he would get sympathy / understanding, and the complete opposite happened. Some of the Royals have form for completely misreading the mood, looks like this may well have happened here. 

2 hours ago, Thunderbird said:

Watch this space, they aren't going to go quietly

It is being alleged that he was instructed by the Queen to discuss plans with Prince Charles before doing or saying anything to anyone else - which makes sense and is just what you would expect in any family - "talk it over with your father" stuff.  It seems he ignored the Queen, and simply 'advised' Charles 10 minutes before going public ........

10 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Quite a few royals have withdrawn from public life, Anne is seldom seen, Edward is never seen but they just dropped out they didn't splash it all over the papers and TV

Anne (and to a lesser extent) Edward do a lot; but since they are 'non controversial' it doesn't get reported much.  From the Express:

The working engagements for the Royals for 2019 are as follows:

• Princess Anne: 195
  • Prince Charles: 177
  • The Queen: 174
  • Prince Andrew: 139
  • Prince Edward: 119
  • Prince William: 108
  • Prince Edward, Duke of Kent: 05
  • Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester: 105
  • Prince Harry: 98
  • Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall: 81
  • Sophie, Countess of Wessex: 81
  • Kate, Duchess of Cambridge: 56
  • Princess Alexandra: 43
  • Birgitte, Duchess of Gloucester: 42
  • Meghan Markle: 28
Edited by JohnfromUK

4 hours ago, Thunderbird said:

One thing that strikes me is that whilst this move was undoubtedly a calculated one, given what I've seen online just today it looks like it's backfiring already. Look at Andrew's recent interview. I suppose he thought he would get sympathy / understanding, and the complete opposite happened. Some of the Royals have form for completely misreading the mood, looks like this may well have happened here. 

As someone pointed out, she's from a country that thinks the Kennedys are aristocracy and simply doesn't get that being a royal means duties and responsibilities just as much as it means celebrity status.

Call me an old cynic but I reckon Megxit is just the start, it'll be politics next and divorce within three years.

2 minutes ago, Westward said:

As someone pointed out, she's from a country that thinks the Kennedys are aristocracy and simply doesn't get that being a royal means duties and responsibilities just as much as it means celebrity status.

Call me an old cynic but I reckon Megxit is just the start, it'll be politics next and divorce within three years.

yup