Harry, oh, Harry!

Penelope

14 minutes ago, blackbird said:

if you ask me it’s time we had a referendum on the monarchy.

thats what clive lewis MP norwich is standing his leadership badge on......................dont think it is a good idea tho'.......i think it would greatly benifit the royal family to cut loose all the deadwood ...and quick....cause the clock is ticking

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, old man said:

Personally i really don't care as long as they cut the ties and funding from the public purse.

I also think that the wilds and freedoms of Canada are a whole lot more attractive than here. Which ones of us wouldn't scoot given the chance?

Every American woman over the age of 65 has a princess Dianna decretive plate and porcelain doll.  But I feel like markle isn’t liked enough to pull it off.   

If he wants to go then fair enough. If daddy wants to give him pocket money also fair enough. But as far as the British taxpayer stumping up millions for their new hollywood style life then no. All costs for security etc should be paid for by them or from the families own funds. I doubt they would want to subsidise them for long with no return by way of public duties. 

Edited by bostonmick

3 hours ago, NorfolkAYA said:

I believe he's just trying to protect his family. The amount of stick she has got from the press, he doesn't want her and his son going through what happened to his mother. Fair play to him. In my eyes he has done more than the rest by joining the front line in Afghanistan. Good on him

He did 20 weeks in what was no more than a skirmish by previous standards. He was in one of the most up to date flying gunships and no doubt given a level of protection no other serving soldier saw. His grandfather went through the ww2 and then continued through to his nineties supporting the Queen and doing what his position in life expected of him. And this for a country that was not his own. Harry lost his mother at an early age and that is very sad but many children lose parents but are not cosseted to the extent he has been for the years after. In fact they can and do lead very hard lives. And as for his wife it would seem family loyalty is not that high on her priority list. Titles should be withdrawn and let them fend for themselves in the same world millions of others do. 

4 hours ago, NorfolkAYA said:

I believe he's just trying to protect his family. The amount of stick she has got from the press, he doesn't want her and his son going through what happened to his mother. Fair play to him. 

And you think they are just going to hideaway and live private lives in Canada.

Oprah Winfrey has said she has already advised them on becoming celebrities and developing a family brand such as Brand Beckham or Brand Kardashian. Hardly the actions of someone wanting more privacy, leave the media circus of Royalty and swap it for the Celebrity media circus. Only real difference being they'll now be able to rake in a fortune for attending events and endorsements, where as they are unable to do that now.

40 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, are they not worth around £30 million between them ? but i have to agree with norfolk AYA

In my eyes he has done more than the rest by joining the front line in Afghanistan. Good on him

Many did a lot lot more, standing side by side with comrades fighting an enemy barely yards away, whilst watching friends die just feet away. They don't have a £30 million  stash to enjoy live, some live on the streets with barely a few pounds to their name.

In my eyes he has done more than the rest by joining the front line in Afghanistan. Good on him

I also have a very different take on this.

I see his service as a pointless risk, not only to himself but to many others.

He had a SAS entourage that were put in added danger from him being there and their skills could have been better used eleswhere, than glorified bodyguards.

All credit to him for being brave enough to go, but don't think of his service the same as ordinary servicemen and women. 

I see his time in Afghanistan as a selfish look at me exercise.

Personally if I had his kind of wealth Canada I would be heading, best of luck to the pair of them I say. I can’t imagine for a second the Queen expecting the UK taxpayers to fund him or that would make the monarchy even more unpopular & at the present time they need all the help they can get. He can always ask for a few pound from the bank of mam & dad as his old man is minted. Only bit of advice I could give him is to get a good bobble hat ASAP as his ginger thatch is getting a bit thin and Canada’s winters are a tad harsh. 😀

Edited by blackbird

16 minutes ago, McSpredder said:

For some reason Megan always reminds me of Calamity Jane singing:   "He can box like a fox, he's as dumb as an ox, but it's Harry I'm planning to marry."

"yeppee i ayeeeee........yipeee-i-i ayeeeeee.....whip crack away ...whip crack away......"..🎶:w00t:

21 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

A slightly different take to the majority of the views expressed here, lifted from another site:

Dear Harry,

We have watched you grow from a smiley, cheeky little boy, who adored his mother, his brother and his little trio, to one who quickly had to grow up. Overnight.

We watched , along with the whole world, as your life, your grief and your pain....was blasted all over our television screens.

We watched you walk behind ...that...carriage.

We watched you, a little 12 year old boy, be expected to keep up with the men around you, and emotionally cope with what you were being faced with. You had no hand to hold. No arms to bury yourself in. No one wiping away the tears you no doubt desperately wanted to cry.

We watched, little one, as Princess Diana was paraded, slowly, in front of millions. But she wasn't a Princess to you. She was 'mummy'. And you suddenly lost the someone who made you smile, laugh, and gave you affection like no other person in your life.

We watched as the world kept turning. But yours stood still.

We watched you struggle as a teenager and young adult with this new reality.

We watched you rebel against the expectations of 'your lot'.

We watched you just want to be normal. Despite being reminded that you're not.

We watched you push the boundaries of what a member of the royal family could do. Where they could serve. Who they could be.

We watched as you tried to find fulfillment.

We watched you establish the Invictus Games, so many charities, and help so many gain purpose back in their lives, when you were still struggling to find your own .

We watched as you, finally, found someone warm, caring, happy....someone who, like your mother, wasn't afraid to show you love and affection in public. She loved you, and she didn't care who knew it or what people thought.

We watched the press pick her apart.

We watched you hate them for it.

We watched you become a husband infront of millions. A much happier man.

We watched you become a father, and saw how proud you were of your wife and son.

We watched you protect with everything you have - your own little family. We know why: we saw what happened to your mother. We saw. The media is a cruel, heartless beast.

We watched as you found your calling. You found who you are. You found more of Harry. And less of the Prince.

We watched you smile again. A beaming smile. Holding your baby. Holding your wife's hand.

We watched you be brave. So brave.
You've given us enough.
You owe us no explanation.

We watched as you got a taste of a more fulfilling, quieter, healthier life.

We watched you shock the world by admitting that, yes, you just wanted to live it.
As Harry. Meghan. And Archie.

We watched you say, Prince or not- I am also a father, a husband, and a man. Let me be one.

And so ...

We will be watching, proudly, as you go off to start your new chapter. You won't lose us.

We will be watching, relieved, as you finally get to live your days as YOU choose to. That little boy, with his head down, in his big suit, walking behind his mother's dead body - that little boy who has had to rebuild his world, do his 'royal' duties, and have his mental health dragged through the mud ever since.

We will be watching - as much as YOU decide we can - intrigued as to what you will get up to. Where you'll be. What. Who.

Go .... be strong.

Go .... be happy.

Go.... Be....You.

We will be watching.

And so will she...

Well if that sort of cheesey drivel floats your boat then who am I to condemn it, but he's still behaving like a spoiled petulant brat - and he should know better. Very few people can behave with 100% selfishness, especially not the Royal Family living in a constitutional monarchy. The Magna Carta was created to stop royalty acting arbitrarily and with impunity.

Personally I never thought MM was a wise choice for marriage. Probably epic for a couple of years rumpy pumpy but not appropriate as a member of the "Firm". And given her history, I'd take bets that by 2024 the marriage will be over.

35 minutes ago, McSpredder said:

I reckon you had the same thing in your mind yesterday, with your post referring to the Deadwood.

(deadwood stage)....................very very good .............:lol::shoot:..............there are defo sum brain sharp teasers on PW...and thats a fact

2 hours ago, Westward said:

Well if that sort of cheesey drivel floats your boat then who am I to condemn it, but he's still behaving like a spoiled petulant brat - and he should know better. Very few people can behave with 100% selfishness, especially not the Royal Family living in a constitutional monarchy. The Magna Carta was created to stop royalty acting arbitrarily and with impunity.

Personally I never thought MM was a wise choice for marriage. Probably epic for a couple of years rumpy pumpy but not appropriate as a member of the "Firm". And given her history, I'd take bets that by 2024 the marriage will be over.

Like I said, just a different perspective.

What odds you offering?

On 11/01/2020 at 07:51, NorfolkAYA said:

I believe he's just trying to protect his family. The amount of stick she has got from the press, he doesn't want her and his son going through what happened to his mother. Fair play to him. In my eyes he has done more than the rest by joining the front line in Afghanistan. Good on him

He should have just gone and not announced his intentions. NEVER explain, NEVER complain

just watching the paper review...........all meg & harry...........reading between the lines ...if she dosnt get what she wants she is going to spill the beans ....whatever that means.........

god what have they got into..........what a total mess.......they aint going to ever come back from this one.... them 2........

havnt got a problem with them taking a more of a back seat...............but what a really childish....pathetic ...unprofessional way to go about it...and almost insulting.....the British public is really going to turn against them big style , im sure...........stupid idiots........

see what tomorrow brings.........Pppaaahhh