Harry, oh, Harry!

Penelope

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, bavarianbrit said:

Headline in Germany today says they are pulling away from all media contacts.

Good, time for him to get a job delivering pizzas like lots of new immigrants do to get on the first rung, he would IMO get more respect, she can go chase her hoooolywooood work.

Same in UK, letters gone to all papers saying they'll no longer be click bait. 

I think the ginger prince and his moll have seriously mis-read their situation of their own making!

They have like his mother did, sought publicity until now they wish to control it.

By refusing to engage with the trashier papers the stories will still be published with even more venom for the silly ginger ex royal.

Banning any contact / cooperation with the UK tabloids will achieve nothing for them.
The majority of photos and articles that appear in those newspapers are supplied by independent sources, not newspaper employees.
They will continue, only now more unfriendly.

I think all this postulating is a pathetic attempt to keep them on the front pages.
For lots of reasons, not least the current virus, they have fallen low down the public"interest" ladder.
The recent output of them "secretly" donating food and helping the homeless (with photographers standing by) has just resulted in heaps of derision.
I am afraid he is a lost cause.

1 hour ago, Cranfield said:

Banning any contact / cooperation with the UK tabloids will achieve nothing for them.
The majority of photos and articles that appear in those newspapers are supplied by independent sources, not newspaper employees.
They will continue, only now more unfriendly.

I think all this postulating is a pathetic attempt to keep them on the front pages.
For lots of reasons, not least the current virus, they have fallen low down the public"interest" ladder.
The recent output of them "secretly" donating food and helping the homeless (with photographers standing by) has just resulted in heaps of derision.
I am afraid he is a lost cause.

Totally agree. And their rather insensitive timing sucks too. I'm afraid he has made a total and utter pillock of himself and I fear will continue to do so. There are more than a few "celebrities" that have shown themselves up during this, for the complete waste of space they are. 

6 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i realy do not blame him on the Press considering what happened to his Mother although most hounded by the paparazzi 

It is true the press did hound his mother, but she also liked to use the press when it suited her, but wanted them gone when it didn't suit.  That isn't the way it works.

I feel quite sorry for him , the great British public loved him , and he's blown it all for a woman that he loves. At the moment he's making himself look like a bit of a fool , but how many of us blokes haven't done that at some time in our life ?. He'll wake up one morning,  and think stuff this , then he'll hop on a plane and come home , the British public will soon warm to him again,  because at the end of the day , he's a nice young fella, and he's one of our own.👍.

56 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I feel quite sorry for him , the great British public loved him , and he's blown it all for a woman that he loves. At the moment he's making himself look like a bit of a fool , but how many of us blokes haven't done that at some time in our life ?. He'll wake up one morning,  and think stuff this , then he'll hop on a plane and come home , the British public will soon warm to him again,  because at the end of the day , he's a nice young fella, and he's one of our own.👍.

This. Personally I think he’s heading for a world of heartache and sadness. They may claim they have finished with the press/media but the press/ media won’t have finished with them, and never will. They’re big news and will be in the spotlight for the rest of their lives,  Harry especially; he isn’t a minor royal, he’s Diana’s son, and if he does ( inevitably ?) return broken hearted, the British public will welcome him home with open arms, while the press will lick their lips, roll up their sleeves and make hay.

I believe he’s a genuinely nice bloke who has had his head turned. He’s not the first and won’t  be the last. 

4 minutes ago, Scully said:

This. Personally I think he’s heading for a world of heartache and sadness. They may claim they have finished with the press/media but the press/ media won’t have finished with them, and never will. They’re big news and will be in the spotlight for the rest of their lives,  Harry especially; he isn’t a minor royal, he’s Diana’s son, and if he does ( inevitably ?) return broken hearted, the British public will welcome him home with open arms, while the press will lick their lips, roll up their sleeves and make hay.

I believe he’s a genuinely nice bloke who has had his head turned. He’s not the first and won’t  be the last. 

Completely agree - but he's playing with fire poking sticks into the press.  Either he is 'fully' a Royal and plays the part as one - or he is 'normal' and leaves the glare and doesn't court publicity - (and it will take time to take effect) and effectively fades into a normal 'humdrum' existence.

You cannot be a 'celeb' one minute and not the next and have all the press highlighting your 'charity work' smiling into the cameras in your best bonnet one minute and tell them to 'leave by the back door' when you don't want them there an hour later.  'Celebs' caught in (even mildly) embarrassing situations etc. are what sells papers.

Either you are - or you aren't a 'celeb'.

The advisers must be insane. To write a letter to state you are no longer going to engage with X newspaper becomes a story. To just stop engaging with X newspaper is nothing. 

When I’m feeling devilish, which the editors must be feeling frequently, someone saying “I won’t do X” becomes a game to beat. You want to bait, cajole and trap them into doing X. 

If I were their Malcolm Tucker I’d be advising them to just keep quiet, keep boring, no silly statements. No interviews as they are both a little dense. Keep life private.