bi-pods?

Chaz25

We got issued with them for our force sniper rifles and apart from range days they where a pain in the rear end, getting snagged in every and anything. Always took mine off when serious work was required.  Did not add any noticeable weight but the rifle was around 10lb anyway.  I just use a stick now and one that I can unscrew and convert into bypod for a shot if necessary.

A single stick is far more useful in my view and can be used in so many different ways as well as giving you a third leg to balance on.  Cheap as chips, just cut a nice slender hazel from the hedgerow shoulder height in length.

In woodland I mostly brace on trees, and in the field I would use the various forms of gun yoga to gain a stable shot but I like the idea of zeroing on the pod with staying on target for cocking and loading, being my first PCP its a novelty I could not entertain before, so I'm thinking it may be better to have than not as the saying puts it "better to have and not need than to need and not have!"

I zero off a bag most of the time. I find it all depends on the situation your shooting. If its a bonet the a fully adjustable bipod. Un even ground shooting in a dip uphill =bipod. Over a mound either a shooting bag or bipod. I never use sticks troed a few not for me. Dont find my bipods getting snagged on anything as the barrels longer as long as thats cleared the bipod will unless through thick bush. Like figgy said there usefull when folded up aswell as you can rest on a wall without damaging the rifles stock

Edited by Arron yeates

They take 10secs to come off. Around the farm I find them ideal, sat up, comfy, waiting, can rest the rear of the gun and only a slight movement to get it ready. Walking around I whip it off, not because of the weight, because it will screw my hand hold and no way is the ground dry enough for me to get belly down. 

So swings and roundabouts. Put the stud in, you dont always need the bipod on.