3 inch Side by side - Churchill Rib

WelshAndy

32 minutes ago, WelshAndy said:

Doesn’t need to be short barrelled :good: he prefers a sbs with a rib. 

if none are available he’ll have to rethink. 

Thanks

hello, ok but i thought you put a Churchill rib like the XXVs, most were from 25 to 26 inch, if he wants a 3inch chamber side by side there are quite a few makes these can be found,   

48 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, now that looks very nice,

Its a bit different, I like the look of it I wonder how it balances as that's a bit extra weight on the barrels with the ventilated rib. You'd wonder how much it would cost if new today. 

3 hours ago, Konor said:

Its a bit different, I like the look of it I wonder how it balances as that's a bit extra weight on the barrels with the ventilated rib. You'd wonder how much it would cost if new today. 

hello, i think they were around £600 new in the mid 1960s, a new one made today must be many £1000s, were they not a boxlock made to look like a side lock ? 7llb ish i would say, 

7 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i think they were around £600 new in the mid 1960s, a new one made today must be many £1000s, were they not a boxlock made to look like a side lock ? 7llb ish i would say, 

Yes they were side plated I have a 3 inch chambered one,English 1 1/2 oz proof. It has a concave game rib and balances well ,I’ll have to weigh it but guess it’s around 7lb and a few ounces but might be a bit more and just balances well On a thread on the guns and accessories section Gunman reckoned they were made by Cogswell and Harrison ,I mistakenly thought they were made by Webley. I’m going to check the proof marks when I weigh it to see if they are London proof marks. I sent off to the firm and they told me it was made in 1956. I put up some pictures of it on the thread mentioned ,it was the one about the Chubb engraved Webley a few days back. I’m following your quest for a clay pigeon over and under with interest. I looked a while back and ended up with a Miroku MK60 grade V mainly as it was a bit lighter and I intended to shoot more game than clays but I was very impressed with a Perazzi MX4C. It felt like the difference between a vw golf and an Audi just solid and balanced perfectly.

sorry for straying off topic

Edited by Konor
Clarity