Ideas for 110 defender awning....

mad1

Hi all,

I'm looking to add a awning to the side of the truck,its just to put up quickly to add a little bit of shade and cover.

not bothered about one of the rool out ones a clip or hook onto my roof rack would work.

Iv seen some but they are expensive!,iv seen one made from some sort of waxed material possibly from a old ex army tent.

Can you buy this material? Does anyone have a old one laid about they no longer need...Or any ideas of your own diy if possible please.

Thanks

M1

Hi , got a 110 with an arb awning on it , bit the bullet and bought one couple of year ago , before that I used a garden gazebo that worked well easy to put up good size fairly easy to store , cost wasn’t too bad free from a neighbor, 

before that had a tarpaulin with eyelets 3m x 3 m and two big adjustable tent poles , fairly easy to set up spring clips to roof rack out to a pole at each corner with two guy ropes on each but could never set it up without a sag on each side unless you could bungee the tarp out to tree branches or trunk 

if you’re going to use one regularly, I’d say take the hit for a proper awning , if only odd times I’d get a cheap gazebo much easier to put up and down 

2 hours ago, mad1 said:

Hi all thanks for that...I think I have OCD so I'll want one that looks right...anyone got a old tent same colour as the roof tent...

Ha ha 

M1

IMG-20200112-WA0000.jpg

as it happens , i was given an old canvas frame tent about three weeks ago , its brown too , i only need the frame from it , so the canvas will more than likely get dumped , it would be a long way to come and collect it though , its very heavy so would probably cost a fortune to post.