First grey hair

WalkedUp

How do I tactfully tell my wife? 😳

She’s is (was 😂) blonde and proud that she doesn’t dye her hair but out for a walk today noticed a few grey hairs starting out. I decided not to tell her as I despair of ‘controlling’ behaviour but at the same time she will discover I have ‘kept it a secret’. Damned if I do, damned if I don’t!

Thanks for the good advice, favouring Cosmicblue’s tact for the sake of marital harmony. Nonetheless I’ve been in the good books for a few weeks so seems crazy to risk it all whilst I’m on a decent streak.

I am shooting all day Saturday and then going straight out for an evening flight on teal and mallard - no doubt I’ll be in the dog house anyway that evening so I will save the matter until then - time to build up courage. 

Go out for the day and when you do park down the road and ring her, tell her you heard someone comment on her grey hair, then hang up before she goes off on one, then by the time you have got home in the evening she may have calmed down, but ring first to check and if not stay out night shooting.

Mick

1 hour ago, Pushkin said:

Be a man and say nothing about them - even when she says haven't you noticed them? Tell her you are still so in awe of how good she looks that you really hadn't noticed  - then take her out somewhere nice😄

Pushkin🙂

you creep:sick:...think im going to be sick:lol:

Be a man at take the wee wee out of her over it.

Ash blonde I think my wife calls it. 

Tell her you need to check the beard for grey hairs too. 

Pushkin if I said all that she'd know I noticed and was lying, earning me some near future pain.

Having a laugh about it she'd be ok, especially when you tell her it matches her wrinkles and saggy bits 😂. Make sure your wearing running shoes

Edited by figgy

7 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Starting to suspect that some of you (no names mentioned) may not have my best interests at heart, if I end the rest of 2020 celibate on your heads be it! 

we have only your best interests at heart......................done the hard way you will have more time for yourself :good:( i take "we"have a shed ?)

I'm hurt you'd think that we don't have your best interests at heart.

We are trying to make your relationship better as you age. 

Now tell her you love her wrinkles and grey hairs and the ones growing out of her chin and top lip are a top turn on.

You could say darling it's not the grey hairs I'm worried about, it's the bald patch your getting 🤩

3 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

I’ve been told his copy is heavily worn, and slightly soiled in places. So yes, it’ll be ideal. 

dear boy ............i do not use 50 shades of grey as an instruction manual.............

i have a full set of Haynes manuals dont yer know......:yahoo:(they gort loads of pics in them)...and also they do them in Broile......"im sorry i will feel that again"

Edited by ditchman

8 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Starting to suspect that some of you (no names mentioned) may not have my best interests at heart, if I end the rest of 2020 celibate on your heads be it! 

Just think of all that extra time you can spend in the field.

ok it may be in a shallow grave! But it’s still in the field :lol: