Its grim up North !!

Rewulf

Image may contain: tree, plant, grass, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: car and outdoor, possible text that says 'H249 POB'
Image may contain: sky and outdoor
SYP Off Road Team is feeling sarcastic.Like Page
1 hr · 

So following a list of reports from frustrated Westfield residents about 4x4's and motorcycles causing mayhem around the centre. The team attended yesterday to assess the damage.

It wasn't long before we came across this Landrover on false plates parked on Cowley Gardens. To be fair you were not going to miss it !

Anyway we attracted quite a crowd of well wishers and pro police supporters. Our hearts were warmed by the gifts of rotten fruit, eggs and bottles of a warm orange solution, which we could only assume was a local drink.

FYI YOU ALL MISSED.

Whilst being recovered it was reported stolen.

The details of the theft are that the vehicle was stolen from Wragg Road S2 between 0930 and 1548 yesterday 12th Jan.

If anyone has any information about the theft of this vehicle or any information about this vehicle being used in Westfield to cause damage and ASB on the day of the theft or prior to it please get in touch via a private message on this site.

We would welcome any photos or videos of this and any other vehicles being used in Westfield.

All reports will be followed up

14 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

How has it come to this? 

PC culture plays a part, with a pathological fear of upsetting people.

Many will blame poverty and cuts in  law enforcement, but it doesnt matter how many cops there are if they darent arrest anyone.

You have the same problem in London, where a 'robust' method of taking down moped thieves reaped benefits, and actually cut the crime rate, yet was greeted with howls of derision , because they might hurt the perps !
Yet not a jot was mentioned of all the innocent people robbed at knifepoint, bags yanked out of peoples hands and shoulders, and brazen daylight highwayman tactics used.

In this case you have a lawless estate where crime is allowed to flourish, and certainly not the first time the police have come under attack trying to counter criminal behaviour.

Obviously there are sections of society that dont want law and order, and prefer the law of the jungle, problem is , as many dont work, we have to pay for this lifestyle of crime.

No doubt some on here will wring out their bleeding hearts and proclaim that its not really the perps fault, and 'society' let them down, 'failed' them somehow ?
But fixing issues in your life starts , and ultimately ends, with YOU.
And if you cant try to make the place you live, and are responsible for, stable, then its not societies problem, its yours.
If you want to live in **** , get on with it, but dont blame everyone else for the fact.

2 minutes ago, yates said:

How sad for the decent folk who have to live around these scumbags

Exactly, but why dont they do something about it.
Get reporting, stop accepting that this is all there is , if your house is a mess, CLEAN IT.

My other half works for the police in Sheffield and has done so for the past 15 years and says the antisocial element is just getting worse and worse. I don’t want to live in a police state but it’s about time someone  ‘laid down’ the law. A few Gene Hunts would start the ball rolling.

39 minutes ago, yates said:

My other half works for the police in Sheffield and has done so for the past 15 years and says the antisocial element is just getting worse and worse. I don’t want to live in a police state but it’s about time someone  ‘laid down’ the law. A few Gene Hunts would start the ball rolling.

That would be a start, but of course in this lilly livered liberal world we live in it will NEVER happen!

Unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

You have the same problem in London, where a 'robust' method of taking down moped thieves reaped benefits, and actually cut the crime rate, yet was greeted with howls of derision , because they might hurt the perps !

I particularly like the one at 2:23 where he seems to be a bit shocked and outraged.

4 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Having lived in America I can tell you the police over there wouldn't have been so good humoured. I respect their style of policing, its very tough but you know where you stand

a

You could happily propose that the same understanding is rife here Vince, which is why this continues in the knowledge of very little action against them?

Edited by old man

That's just around the corner from me. One of those estates with some lovely outer areas, but the centre is scum-ridden. The police rarely attend and anti-social behaviour seems to be rewarded and encouraged.

Funnily enough the 4x4 was nicked from S2, not too far from the recent drive-by shooting on the Arbouthorne estate (where I grew up incidentally). Probably time to nuke it and start again.

These big estates become police no go areas and one of the reasons is mobile phones. Years ago on the rough estates in Brent as soon as the police drove on the kids would bang dustbin lids to warn the dealers and assorted low life. That only worked to an extent though, the police could still beat the bush telegraph if they were really quick

Now with WhatsApp etc one press of a phone button and everybody on the estate knows instantly that the police are coming .

So, not surprisingly, nobody is ever at home.

This just typifies where the country got it wrong. If we'd elected Jeremy Corbyn all this sort of thing would be fixed by now because he'd have taken all the money stolen by the rich and given it to the good honest folk on these estates who slave away for 14 hours a day to earn pittance wages or are forced to have 9 kids just to get enough benefits to cover the essentials like Sky TV and the foreign holidays twice a year. And he'd have nationalised the railways and energy companies so that they could travel around wherever they wanted for nothing and have free heat and power forever to go with free fibre broadband and PCs to make it even easier for gambling, betting and dealing in exotic substances.

But no... We just had to go and ruin everything by electing Boris

Edited by Westward
typo

33 minutes ago, Westward said:

This just typifies where the country got it wrong. If we'd elected Jeremy Corbyn all this sort of thing would be fixed by now because he'd have taken all the money stolen by the rich and given it to the good honest folk on these estates who slave away for 14 hours a day to earn pittance wages or are forced to have 9 kids just to get enough benefits to cover the essentials like Sky TV and the foreign holidays twice a year. And he'd have nationalised the railways and energy companies so that they could travel around wherever they wanted for nothing and have free heat and power forever to go with free fibre broadband and PCs to make it even easier for gambling, betting and dealing in exotic substances.

But no... We just had to go and ruin everything by electing Boris

😅😅😅😅

Many a true word said in jest .

3 hours ago, Demonic69 said:

That's just around the corner from me. One of those estates with some lovely outer areas, but the centre is scum-ridden. The police rarely attend and anti-social behaviour seems to be rewarded and encouraged.

Funnily enough the 4x4 was nicked from S2, not too far from the recent drive-by shooting on the Arbouthorne estate (where I grew up incidentally). Probably time to nuke it and start again.

If only that was an option!

22 hours ago, yates said:

Or Jack Regans. 

It's not so much the police as the judiciary that are the problem. One only has to watch Police Interceptors or some other such programme to realise that punishments rarely fit the crime. What exactly does 'released under investigation' actually mean. We see criminals stealing cars, driving like lunatics to escape pursuing police and then if caught and charged, which is not always the case because of lack of evidence????, are 'sentenced' with a driving ban (some are already banned, so what good does that do?) and community service, which I am assured by those who know, means absolutely nothing as they don't turn up! Is it not about time that magistrates and judges take a firmer line and actually imprison these people who represent a real threat to society? Even when officers are attacked and injured in the line of duty, the perpetrators are given a desultory sentence, often not involving incarceration. How dispiriting this must be for the officers involved?