Hushpower

yickdaz

Had a 20g Mossberg pump for the last 5 years or so, but discovered you can take the mod off and it becomes a standard pump action and it basically screws back in place and grub screws for the rest of the fittings, what I'm thinking is can it be used as a standard pump without the mod on it or has it become a totally different gun altogether,  it's on my  license as a hushpower not a standard pump but in my case it can be used as both , what are the legalities on this ?

Yup the barrel is drilled left and right all they way under the mod .if you shoot it without the mod  it will be sooooo loud to u the shooter and be very uncomfortable. 

If you want to just buy a spare un modded - or drilled ,  barrel they are pretty cheap  ,but ,you will find your poi totally different and they kick like a mule. My mate got a spare barrel for his 20b  husher and 5 shots later  wish he hadnt. 

1 hour ago, strimmer_13 said:

You sure of taking it off? On my 500a 12ga, the barrel is ported for about half its length last time I looked when cleaning it. I've a spare barrel which is standard 

Already have done mines the mossbergh maverick 88  and it's a standard barrel underneath the mod it isn't ported  with a screw in choke which has MOD on it so it's half choke and can be used with steel I just wanted to know if it's classed as a modification by shooting it without the mod on it 

I'll get some pics on when I get the chance 

2 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

You sure of taking it off? On my 500a 12ga, the barrel is ported for about half its length last time I looked when cleaning it. I've a spare barrel which is standard 

My 500 12ga is the same , they listed my spare barrel on my cert. The only concern I have is that the comb height is so different between the two barrels. 

1 hour ago, pigeon controller said:

My 500 12ga is the same , they listed my spare barrel on my cert. The only concern I have is that the comb height is so different between the two barrels. 

Same, i glued a long rail on the top of the silencer to compensate for the fact I shot 2ft low, but didnt have the silenced barrel listed on my cert. Just mossberg 500.

2 hours ago, snow white said:

My moss 20 is ported barrel it’s a nightmare getting mod of first time if you have put a few rounds though it the treads get full of carbon 

strange how they vary some with ported barrels some without like the one I have no ports on it 

IMG_20200113_163741.jpg.7861b2663cb3f35bde70d5c9dcc4becd.jpgIMG_20200113_163808.jpg.0a47c9a26fdaf9c685854d9216fc26cf.jpg

planning on keeping it now I know it can be used as a normal pump or and a husher, I always thought the part where the  moderater  screws on was welded in place so just accepted it couldn't come off until I looked into it more and it was only epoxy rubber and a grub screw holding it,  a bit of tinkering and there you go it did come off and goes back into place 

2 minutes ago, snow white said:

The barrel on mine is definitely ported also it’s full choke I can’t see how that mod would work.

there's baffles in the last 6in of the mod it cuts the noise down by half, it would be less if the barrels were ported got to admit 

Yes the gun would be more effective not the silencer or should I say sound reduction. 

Id say somebodys bought that silencer and stuck it on a normal barrel, hushpower wouldn't I believe send them out like that. I recently saw a moss 410 hushpower at auction that had clearly been bodged together with epoxy. I'm not saying yours is bodged either. This gun was a disaster waiting to happen, could see it being blown apart it was so wobbly. Went for good money as well 😕

1 minute ago, strimmer_13 said:

Yes the gun would be more effective not the silencer or should I say sound reduction. 

Id say somebodys bought that silencer and stuck it on a normal barrel, hushpower wouldn't I believe send them out like that. I recently saw a moss 410 hushpower at auction that had clearly been bodged together with epoxy. I'm not saying yours is bodged either. This gun was a disaster waiting to happen, could see it being blown apart it was so wobbly. Went for good money as well 😕

no signs whatsoever of somebody messing with it the parts are all American, the only bodging that's been done is by me taking it off