go on then [brendan]

islandgun

Shot in Wales today. We shot through lunch and ate later because of the forecast, which was spot on. We had a couple of short showers during the day but the storm arrived whilst we were eating. Very wet 100 miles back to Derbyshire with the storm arriving with us about six pm. Very windy.

spoken with mother earlier today she  says 2 hrs huffing  and half hour of huffing and puffing   nout really    in Galway        grew up on the west coast of Ireland where storms lasted days      lightning    hail    snow     heavy rain thunder   storms   off the Atlantic     when I first moved to the midlands  a firework display  a reality  and so  said  wait  until a real storm gets here im still waiting  40 yrs on      too much land to the Atlantic      last year in Galway  9hrs of watching the thunder storm from hell off the west coast out  in the Atlantic  and  break land         nothing can compare      a must do on your list          no storm      up side good food and music  and beer  all about the city           a hell of a place for a good time  storm or no storm  

Edited by Saltings

2 hours ago, Saltings said:

spoken with mother earlier today she  says 2 hrs huffing  and half hour of huffing and puffing   nout really    in Galway        grew up on the west coast of Ireland where storms lasted days      lightning    hail    snow     heavy rain thunder   storms   off the Atlantic     when I first moved to the midlands  a firework display  a reality  and so  said  wait  until a real storm gets here im still waiting  40 yrs on      too much land to the Atlantic      last year in Galway  9hrs of watching the thunder storm from hell off the west coast out  in the Atlantic  and  break land         nothing can compare      a must do on your list          no storm      up side good food and music  and beer  all about the city           a hell of a place for a good time  storm or no storm  

hello, i agree Galway is a beautiful city having made a few visits years ago, took the bus that went along the coastal road from Ennistymon, some work friends Auntie owned the fish restaurant near the Quay side, if it is still there i would well recommend,