Open sights

washerboy

I did think about retro fitting a set off a s200 on my falcon for a laugh but sense came to my head after looking at the price for just a 'laugh'. I've recently gone through a webley superhawk and a smk biathlon with diopter sights and was completely useless with them. 

With most guns now coming with silencers and massive protruding magazines the aesthetics wouldn't suit (admittedly mainly pcps). I can see them shortly being a thing of the past. Shame as I think every kid should learn open sights first. 

Ive tried opens on decent and accurate airguns .and the ability to group well beyond  15 yds escaped me  .put the scope back on and its back to 20 mm at 30 yds  .

The one advantage with opens is the very low sight line .so if you need to hit  small targets often sub 10 yds then you just aim bang on at virtually  any range .so if your dispatching squirrels in a cage or rats in a loft for example then they can be ideal .

I put a scope on my pistol recently only x2 but it makes the gun 5 x more accurate  to shoot consistently  .