What a Cracking Idea!

TIGHTCHOKE

Always said the system was unfair! Some folk where I work get up to 6 fag breaks a day, as well as their lunch break etc! If that fag break is 10 mins it’s an hour of smoking and not working. Where as the non smokers get nothing! No extra pay, no extra time off etc. Add to that, when the smokers go for their break, the non smokers are left to take up the slack, which affects productivity. Personally I think you should have to clock out for fag breaks! No company should have to pay while your not working! I don’t get paid for lunch breaks nor my tea break! Why should smokers? 

50 minutes ago, McSpredder said:

How long before somebody declares that smoking a certain number of times per day is a requirement of his/her religion, or threatens to sue the firm for discrimination against poor defenceless nicotine addicts?   

I was thinking something similar when  I heard it on the news coming into work this morning.

2 hours ago, old man said:

Any bets, someone will challenge this and the firm will be found against? 

Don`t think it will happen, they don`t have to give cigarette breaks, but they can give holidays (rewards) to those who work longer and are prepared to become more healthy.

6 hours ago, henry d said:

Don`t think it will happen, they don`t have to give cigarette breaks, but they can give holidays (rewards) to those who work longer and are prepared to become more healthy.

Maybe, if someone has a long history of smoking they could, in this topsy turvy world claim that it's a human rights issue?

10 hours ago, Scully said:

It’s drug addiction...not a human right. 

And he's not stopping them smoke. 

Why aren't the non smokers getting the full 16 days? 

Fortunately when I was smoking I was in the building trade and we just smoked while we worked. Ah, the fun times before health n safety overtook common sense. 😁😁

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, a lot of people smoke because of stress at work, the very last company i worked for you would need a smoke and a drink, i had the worst Director/Manager in all my working life, 

The irony of that is that not being able to smoke when you crave a smoke is stressful! Double whammy! 🙂

4 minutes ago, Leach said:

The price of fags now if a heavy smoker went through a pack of a day specially 20 or even more good amount of money up in smoke they also have ago at people that like a drink a pint of beer or lager is not cheap either

I am not aware of any companies allowing "drink breaks":rolleyes:

30 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Is having a smoke an excuse for taking a short break, rather than a need

It can be, but an addicted smoker does have a genuine need, like all addicts. Not getting your ‘fix’ can be detrimental to concentration and the therefore affect productivity. 

23 minutes ago, Scully said:

It can be, but an addicted smoker does have a genuine need, like all addicts. Not getting your ‘fix’ can be detrimental to concentration and the therefore affect productivity. 

I was a rollup smoker, as i remember, it was a relaxing thing, sitting in a pub, a pint and a fag, I have witnessed some ladies in their work that head out for a fag and a natter. but your right, take away their fix and they would be...unhappy.  I remember a farmer i worked for that berated a young man for making a few with his machine at a time, he said "I dont mind you smoking in my time, but i do mind you manufacturing em"