JSB and Air Arms Pellets

figgy

Just watched the AEAC latest video on the AA 510 TDR.

He states in his video about his trip to the JSB factory and his statement that all pellets are made on the same factory dies.

He states he was wrong and Air Arms do have there very own dies kept at the factory for doing there runs of pellets.

11 minutes ago, figgy said:

Just watched the AEAC latest video on the AA 510 TDR.

He states in his video about his trip to the JSB factory and his statement that all pellets are made on the same factory dies.

He states he was wrong and Air Arms do have there very own dies kept at the factory for doing there runs of pellets.

Sounds very fishy to me.

23 hours ago, figgy said:

Compared to H&N Jsb pellet cleaning is old school, put a load on a cloth and move the cloth to roll and clean.

***** that made me chuckle haha. Yeah the H&N's are shiny there that clean although i still wash weigh and lube them for the pcp. And just wash and weigh to make sure of consistancy for the springer to stop deiseling.

11 hours ago, Arron yeates said:

***** that made me chuckle haha. Yeah the H&N's are shiny there that clean although i still wash weigh and lube them for the pcp. And just wash and weigh to make sure of consistancy for the springer to stop deiseling.

I can understand that if your being competitive, but I just check the skirts are ok.

12 minutes ago, Mr.C said:

What, you don't size them? 

He will be doing now, and two decimal places isn't good enough.🤭

40 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I can understand that if your being competitive, but I just check the skirts are ok.

He will be doing now, and two decimal places isn't good enough.🤭

See i look at things like if you can make something even better by doing something for free do it. Ive found washing and lubing them does make a difference. I dont size etc i check 20 or so weight wise and if there the same as usual which they always come out at 10.4 grain in 4.52mm with the same batch number im all good lol

15 minutes ago, Arron yeates said:

See i look at things like if you can make something even better by doing something for free do it. Ive found washing and lubing them does make a difference. I dont size etc i check 20 or so weight wise and if there the same as usual which they always come out at 10.4 grain in 4.52mm with the same batch number im all good lol

I'm just pulling your leg, which lube do you use?

I have been shooting a tin of pellets I washed and lubed around two or three years ago.

The run faster through my gun, today when testing a pellet selection they were 10 mps faster that unwashed and in lubed pellets of same weight and head size.

Going to re test tomorrow while gun is warm as it was around 3degc to day with wind chill. 

Lost around 3mps when gun got cold.

Need to decide on a pellet size, 5.5 or 5.51 for the impact. Found after ordering a sleeve that 5.52 is too tight velocity drops with them.

The JSB express 14.35 in 5.52 is only same speed as AADF 16g in 5.51.

My gun seems to.like the Air Arms Pellets.

40 minutes ago, Arron yeates said:

Yeah should run faster. Tbf mate ive not tested lubed verses none lubed for the difference in speed but it makes sense

Ky however 10 40 fully synthetic works lmao

I was sure someone else would have jumped on the Lube 😂😂

Ill post up the brand i use to lube my pellets with later. I find my barrel stays cleaner and pretty sure it helps speed things up. 

Tony Wall - Sandwell field sports owner and tuner made the comment before of.. you wouldnt put dirty oil in your engine would you so why would you put dirty lead in your barrel... totally agree with him. I just get a jar thats clean. Add fairy wash liquid and add a tin or pellets. Add hot water to the mix and put the top on. Gently turn the jar for 10 mins then empty using a siv didicated to the pellets as using it for food after wouldnt be advisable. Then lay a towl out or i prefer blue roll and empty the clean jar of pellets onto the blue roll and dry them with a hair dryer making sure all the insides of the skirts are dry. Then leave to cool and spray a light spray of pellet lube on them. Using each end if the blue roll i lift one end at a time to mix them and spread the lube then put back in the pellet tin after the tines had a wipe out

Easy

Edited by Arron yeates

I just lashed some cleanzoil into a tin with around a hundred pellets in. Rolled them around the wet foam in bottom. Tipped them into a clean time and used the lube tin to lube some pellets for testing.

Yesterday I got a sample of 6 different 5.5 &,5.51 pellets before ordering ten tins. 

Crikey they were slow. Some were only 9.5 for others 10.5.  lubed some and re done today with some of the better grouping ones. Now between 11.2 &,11.7 fpe for the 17 plus grain Pellets. Gained on average 10mps by lubing them. Anyone with a rifle not putting out enough power try lube on your pellets.

That's in .22, it got the jsb 5.52 upto 172 MPS average only one or two MPS behind the 5.51 lubed.

I wouldn't bother lubing them but the tin of AADF my gun is loving is from 2009 with the skin coloured lid. They were a bit oxidised somi washed them oiled them and left them in the tin for few years in cupboard. 

Done the strelock trajectory validation today zeroed at 30m and ran the test at 48m as that was longest I could get drop of around 115mm as had a few flyers with wind and me wobbling resting gun on step ladder. Strelock has the drop at 2.75 mil it was 2.4 mil so better BC than listed, might be the FX barrel or lube. Checked at 22m and was spot on. Need longer range to check at distance. Trouble is I'm nearly out of the AADF so will have it all to do again when new batch of JSB arrive.