Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
figgy

JSB and Air Arms Pellets

Recommended Posts

Ive had similar issues in the past with my calibrations. Ive found 30m zero spot on with litrally 1 hole group, 1.5 mil drop at 45m and should be 2 3/4 mil at 50m but mine does 2.5 mil at 50 so wonder if lubes doing this yet put it further out and its bang on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what I need to validate, if it's the case lubing them is not helping. As it's giving wrong BC values.

You got anywhere with your long range shooting Arron ?

Edited by figgy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arron you could be right as same with shotgun carts they start faster but after x amount of yards next to nothing in it speed wise.

Got a new batch of pellets so I'll do it all again, difference in strelock is the lubed and validated aadf BC of 0.051 Is @100 meters 12.73 mils the latest batch not validated using standard BC 0.031 needs 15.36 mils for same 100 meters, I need a calm dry day and plenty of time. Might get one in may 😂

Edited by figgy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2020 at 23:17, figgy said:

That's what I need to validate, if it's the case lubing them is not helping. As it's giving wrong BC values.

You got anywhere with your long range shooting Arron ?

No mate not been shooting yet may be out sunday but only have about 90m at that shoot. So may have to wait a little. Lol

15 hours ago, figgy said:

Arron you could be right as same with shotgun carts they start faster but after x amount of yards next to nothing in it speed wise.

Got a new batch of pellets so I'll do it all again, difference in strelock is the lubed and validated aadf BC of 0.051 Is @100 meters 12.73 mils the latest batch not validated using standard BC 0.031 needs 15.36 mils for same 100 meters, I need a calm dry day and plenty of time. Might get one in may 😂

How do you put in strelock the lubed part lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Email Borisov and tell him KY,  Astroglide or Joy Jelly 😂.

Wish I could remember what lubed the AADF with, I think I used the last of my eds red concoction to stop anymore oxidation rather than as a lube about three four years ago. But it makes a heck of a difference to poi.  Going to roll some of the new batch of JSB around on the foam to get a coating see if it works on them. Tried other stuff like zero friction lub, cleanzoil and WD 40 with light gun oil on the foam in a tin, works to get the speed up but not as much and different poi.  Frustrating as theses aadf are as fast as the Hades, so less worry about the odd Hades going hot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nowadays, a quick spray of Ballistol in the tin.

When i was serious, each pellet weighed and sorted, washed and dried, coated with Krytox oil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, figgy said:

Email Borisov and tell him KY,  Astroglide or Joy Jelly 😂.

Wish I could remember what lubed the AADF with, I think I used the last of my eds red concoction to stop anymore oxidation rather than as a lube about three four years ago. But it makes a heck of a difference to poi.  Going to roll some of the new batch of JSB around on the foam to get a coating see if it works on them. Tried other stuff like zero friction lub, cleanzoil and WD 40 with light gun oil on the foam in a tin, works to get the speed up but not as much and different poi.  Frustrating as theses aadf are as fast as the Hades, so less worry about the odd Hades going hot.

Lol no seriously how do you figure it out lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Work what out Arron the BC? Pellet drop with lube.

If this is what your asking, you zero at say 30 yards then shoot a group at distance further the better.  Don't alter your scope or hold over just shoot at a target and measure the drop.

Input this into Strelock pro with the distance to target hit BC button and it will change to the new BC and all the table data charges for holdovers.

For me I shot at 48 meters with a drop of about 115 mm 2.4 mils the original data for the pellet and muzzle speed said 2.75 mil drop so my lubed pellet had a better BC than in the pellet database.

Right the above may not be what you wanted.

The lubed aadf hit smack on centre of target, other unlubed pellets hit low and left. Lubing them upped the speed and they started hitting about the same height but still left so dialed the windage to suit. Now I need to do the 48m drop test using  the same 30m zero. Then input into strelock see what the BC is of the batch I'm now using. Then check at other ranges against the data tables in strelock.

Just re read through my posts Arron, you can't put the lube type or lubed pellets into strelock. All I'm doing is validating my set up using lubed pellets and finding how much drop I'm getting.

It could also be less drop due to indexing my barrel to find the highest poi, so at 30 meters zero my pellet is still going up at more angle than data is set for, giving less drop at 48 meters than expected. I did find after doing this the first time at shorter distance the data matched the poi.

Lubing pellets is only giving me more speed to get closer to 11.5 fpe it's at 11.4 at the moment. The Hades run that much faster than standard JSB even the 5.5 head size samples I tested are a good bit slower. Keeping the Hades below the limit means all other un lubed pellets are slow most in the 10 ftlb range.

If you mean work out best lube, it's trying say five or ten pellets form same tin but using different lubes. Shooting over the chrono and seeing which one works best and seeing it on paper too. With poi shift.  Don't take long to do with chrono attached to barrel, shoot a control to measure against for me Hades and my old lubed aadf with chrono on barrel see where it prints on targets then shoot others to find the best lube or concoctions.

Hope this explains what you asked for. 

When I'm done testing and all the data is input and validated. I expect if strelock says 5.4 mils at 62 metres it's exactly that when I shoot it. Bar a little for pellet weight variation unsorted tins.

Edited by figgy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...