BASC Wildfowling Conference.

mudpatten

I understand that It was scheduled for March at the usual venue, the Ramada hotel, Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham......but was cancelled reportedly because of a “problem” but I don’t know what the problem was......**** happens, but there is no excuse for not rescheduling it, or holding it elsewhere! :no: anybody would think BASC give a National wildfowling conference, little importance and/or don’t wish to hold it.......as was promised?

Can I ask, respectfully, how you know it was cancelled when many of us don`t. Is this a communication failure by BASC or just me not paying attention.

I too would like to know what the "problem" is?

I can`t find any reference to this on the website.

Edited by mudpatten

11 minutes ago, mudpatten said:

Can I ask, respectfully, how you know it was cancelled when many of us don`t. Is this a communication failure by BASC or just me not paying attention.

I too would like to know what the "problem" is?

I can`t find any reference to this on the website.

Page 11 latest S&C...

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

I understand that It was scheduled for March at the usual venue, the Ramada hotel, Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham......but was cancelled reportedly because of a “problem” but I don’t know what the problem was......**** happens, but there is no excuse for not rescheduling it, or holding it elsewhere!  anybody would think BASC give a National wildfowling conference, little importance and/or don’t wish to hold it.......as was promised?

Another venue balking at having a shooting related event on it's premises, frightened of angering the 'woke' and the resulting backlash against the 'brand', perhaps?

Thank you Panoma. Apparently me not paying attention. I`m sure all the affilliated clubs will be getting a quick email in the not too distant future explaining fully what has happened and notifying us officially of its cancellation.

Figgy, I`m tempted to give them a ring but most of the questions I`ve asked of BASC in recent months have been neatly sidestepped. I grow increasingly frustrated.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, can anyone confirm or deny that BASC and CA have consented to a voluntary Lead ban from 2024, despite "No scientific evidence " as to the effects of lead shot, in fact a new report states that the rusting of steel shot in water is a far greater threat to marine life, anyone who does Facebook have a look at "Save our lead shot" group, Ian Summerell  who started the group is a very well informed man , There are big rumours that certain people running Basc and the C A are our enemy within, and if you think this is not possible cast your mind back to a certain John Swift, the crock of **** who is heading the campaign to totally ban lead shot, Basc has recently removed its logo from the Lead ammunition group webpage, could this be for fear of upsetting its members and to distance itself from L.A.G but it is still involved at the L.A.G meetings, are we as Basc members contributing financially to our own downfall ?